Saturday 1 April 2017

April Fool's On Me!

Good morning crafty friends.  I hope you're all having a good day.  Today, is April Fool's Day (or, all fool's day) and that means there is a new challenge over on my dear friend Darnell's blog.  

http://www.djkardkreations.com/2017/04/2nd-annual-april-fools-boo-boo-hop-and.html

Last April Darnell decided to run a fun challenge whereby everybody could show any boo boo's they had made during their card making!  Well, of course, there were many entries, and everyone, including yours truly, had a good laugh at ourselves and joined in the merriment with everyone else - it also gave new crafters a chance to see that even the most seasoned crafters, make the same mistakes that they do!

This year, Darnell is running her second challenge along with her NBUS challenge, which means, for the uninitiated, Never Before Used Schtuff, a phrase coined by Darnell herself, whereby we use supplies that we have purchased but never used before (which we all have).  You can enter, just a boo boo, or a NBUS, OR, both together (Darnell explains it better, so get on over there and read all about it) . . . and enter!

Here, in all it's shameful glory is my first boo, boo and see if you can work out what is wrong here.


Not quite sure?  Those of you who saw it at the time will know of course, but for those, who missed it, see the original post HERE  It's a good job we can laugh at ourselves, right?

This is the second boo boo.  You will see immediately what I did here, but for those who may be new to card making, I will explain after the picture.  You can see what it should have looked like HERE


Seasoned stampers, will know immediately, that I placed the poppy centre on my acrylic block upside down!!

I had spent ages lining up the various layers of the poppies (I'm not very good at lining up multi-step stamps, so it took me ages to get this far!)

Well, my lovelies, I've showed you mine, now . . . show us yours!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


19 comments:

  1. Loved your stories on the booboos. all priceless and will be done again.(unfortunately)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I've become blind to boo-boos, because I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong with the purse until I clicked the link and saw the "fix!" LOL It's almost comical how we miss the obvious until it's pointed out to us! As for the flower center, been there/done that so many times I've lost count. I'm thinking a Misti would help tremendously with those 2 or 3 step stamps because it's perfect alignment with ease. Now if I could just get past the high price tag, I'd have one for myself! LOL Thanks for sharing your fun boo-boos, and happy April Fool's Day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my trash can is full of layering attempts with flowers - I can never get it lined up right. It's funny how we can see a Boo Boo straight away, but others, not so much. We just need to let it go - no one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your boo boos Hazel, the bag handles is something I would probably do myself and wouldn't notice until going to pick it up, and the poppy centre is another classic. I'm glad I'm not the only one to do things like this. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee Hee! That purse just cracks me up - it looks like a pair of overalls! The final project, as I recall, came out gorgeous. So sad to see your pretty poppy being overtaken by a black blob :( Happy April Fools day, Hazel! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading about your purse the first time. It still made me smile this time around. So glad to see that others make the same mistakes I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I missed the boo-boo post with the pocketbook because of my surgery recovery, Hazel, so it was a real treat for me to go back and read the whole story! Too funny! Thank you for being you and sharing with us! As for the flower, I'm with Carol, I do that so often, I just pretend I meant to do it that way now, lol! Sort of like my topys!! Thank you for linking and being a good sport!! Love ya, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so many boo-boo projects, I wouldn't be able to post them all ;) Most end up in the trash!! I think the flowers look beautiful, even with the upside down center!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo Boo's are what make our cards so unique Hazel. After all they are handmade. If someone wants a card of which you can find 1000 in a dozen they'll have to go to the supermarket right ? But they can be indeed hilarious and we see it immediately but others often don't see it. Which means the boo boo isn't that bad after all ;-) LOL
    Loved your story about your boo boo.
    Big hug, Veerle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brought a warm smile to my face...Thank you x I loved the bag the first time around and thought it was really creative to put the handles on the way you did...thought it wuss different and unique x Thanks fro sharing Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took me a bit to see what was wrong as it is such a pretty purse. But I can see the handles did look a bit off. Thanks for sharing your boo boo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Hazel...took a trip to your old post to get the skinny on the bag...I think it might be hard to see as it kind of looks backpack ish and that doesn't for me set off the oh this is wrong alarm bells. Love both posts and thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't see the problem until you showed the right purse in your other post~I get it now! Such a cute purse either way~and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your fixed boo boo's turned out beautifully, Hazel. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking at your bag reminded me of my first pants, which I sewed for myself as a teenager. I put the front with me and behind me, which in turn led me to ... skirt :-)) Thanks for sharing your mistakes :-)
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  16. I swear you get me every time Hazel! I looked at the purse and thought that I remembered that post, but for the life of me couldn't figure out what was wrong with your purse. I knew that the straps weren't right, but it just wasn't coming to me! And for the flower I knew it has something to do with the black blog, but never did I imagine that you put the stamp on upside down! lol Thanks for sharing your mistakes my friend, and glad I'm not the only one who makes silly mistakes! I just don't usually take pictures of mine and I should! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't we all do the same things?!! and sometimes we look at it and can't quite figure what is wrong but we know something is!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Hazel! It is a good job we can laugh at ourselves and pick ourselves up and start all over again. You did great though really, as that handbag looks really hard to make. It did make me giggle though. Really giggle! Thank you for sharing and making us all realise we are human and we are not all perfect crafters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's good that we can laugh at our bloopers and blunders! Doesn't it make life more interesting?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x