Friday 31 March 2017

Another Card For Freshly Made Sketches #281


Well hello lovely crafty friends!  I hope you have had a good week.  Today, I have for you another card for Freshly Made Sketches #281

This is the sketch which is by Kim this week.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/freshly-made-sketches-281-sketch-by-kim.html

This is my card, explanation below as always.






For the stripes I used some gold foil card-stock and some gold glitter card-stock.  Then, I used a fussy-cut water-coloured flower and leaves from the Simon Says Stamp  'Spring Flowers' stamp set and a swirl cut from vellum as my focal piece.  I adhered all to a panel of white card-stock slightly smaller than my card base and then mounted that with some foam for some dimension.

I finished the whole thing off with a die-cut sentiment that had a generous lick of Wink Of Stella over it, a few of spots of black enamel accents and a little spritz of shimmer (of course).

Have a lovely weekend, wherever you are and whatever you do!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


15 comments:

  1. I love the gold mirri and glitter card you have used for the stripes Hazel and the prettily coloured flower looks great using the vellum for the flourish, and love the WOS on the contrasting die cut sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel,
    Beautiful card with the glitz of the glitter and the shine of the metallic all highlighting your lovely flower and love die cut. It definitely is love for this card I am feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the beautiful flower!! It looks amazing!! The gold sparkle and shimmer are fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable stunning card Hazel.
    Enjoy the weekend, hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty with the glitter about your pretty flower! happy weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty with all the shine and shimmer from the gold foil and glitter strips. Great interpretation of the sketch, Hazel! You have a good weekend too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. TFS all your photos Hazel, so we could see the shine and textures of your beautiful card. Happy Stamping my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you add gold to your backgrounds quite a lot and it really make sure the rest of the card pop. Works perfectly with that beautiful flower and the black die cut. You do really well with Sketch challenges! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real stunner! Love the gold stripes and the artsy flower. Great photos and you could see all that yummy bling. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this card, Hazel. I think this layout is perfect for a Christmas card, too, with a poinsettia instead of your flower. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so elegant and gorgeous Hazel! I love how you used your gold stripes of paper and your watercolor flower is stunning. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the gold with the gold glitter, really luxurious and stunning. The flower as been coloured in so perfectly. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card for this sketch! Love the glittery and shiny strips with the watercolored flower and the vellum accent! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Hazel! The metallics work so well with that gorgeous flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much sparkle and shine on this, Hazel! Love that sweet flower! Great use of this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x