Sunday 26 March 2017

Freshly Made Sketches #280


Hello lovely friends!  I hope you are all having a good weekend so far.  Mine started badly yesterday, when I waited with my mother for four-and-a-half hours for a meeting with a heart nurse, who turned out to be a 'no show'.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a number that I could ring to find out what was going on!

Anywho, my card today is for the Freshly Made Sketches #280 challenge

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/freshly-made-sketches-280-sketch-by-jen.html

I  started by using a circular stencil, made by die cutting a piece of card-stock and sponged through it lightly on to a white card base.  Then, I took a poppy stencil and used Starlight paints (in red and green)  to paint the poppies and left it to dry.

Next, I die-cut a frame from a scrap piece of white card-stock and adhered it around my focal piece.  Then, I die-cut a butterfly from gold foil card, stamped a sentiment in black, fussy cut it out and adhered both with foam for dimension.

I finished the whole thing off with some black enamel accents and some gold Nuvo drops.






Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the flowers and that beautiful gold butterfly! Glad y joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Hazel. Your gold butterfly adds such an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, what a wonderful card for the challenge. The butterfly is so pretty in gold, and your poppies are stunning and sparklie. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Hazel!! The flowers look amazing! I love the pretty gold butterfly!! What a gorgeous card!! I hope things get worked out with your Mom's heart nurse. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not nice Hazel, I hope everything turns out well with the heart nurse. Your card Is gorgeous love the circle aperture. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel! I'm am getting my blog notifications once again, yay!!!! I've missed so much, but have been through your blog to have a look at it all. Wow! I wish I had half your talent my friend. This card is just beautiful, I love your poppies. I also loved your beautiful gift bag of cards and all the other cards you have been making. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. your embossed gold butterfly is the perfect accent for those lovely flowers - have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous poppies and a very elegant butterfly, Hazel! Lovely! I hope you have a great week with no more long waits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These poppies are so bright and pretty in the lovely pink backed circular frame Hazel, and the gold embossed butterfly stands out beautifully, and love the black sentiment tag with the black enamel dots. How frustrating for you to be hanging about for someone who didn't turn up. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful...your poppies are so pretty and that gold butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Hazel! Such pretty images and the font of the sentiment works so well with the flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So annoying to sit around and wait and no number to contact them x Love the circle frame die cut and those ever so pretty flowers with the gorgeous starlight paints x Glorious butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shimmery, metallic, embossed butterfly looks so pretty on the circle of flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x