Wednesday 29 March 2017

Freshly Made Sketches #281


Hello my lovelies!  I hope you all had a good weekend and are having a great day so far!

Today there is another sketch on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog and here is the sketch provided by Kim.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/freshly-made-sketches-281-sketch-by-kim.html
At first, I wasn't sure what I should do for the stripes, patterned papers maybe, stencilled stripes, heat embossed stripes, in the end I decided to go with dry embossed stripes made with my scoring board and a stylus.  I don't think it shows very well in the pictures, but I think you will see them better in the close-up at the end.  Here it is (details at bottom).






I dry embossed the stripes straight on to the card base.  Next, I stamped the largest flower and leaves from Altenew's 'Beautiful Day' stamp set, adhered the leaves directly on to the base and popped the flower up on foam for a bit of dimension.  As I haven't used gems in ages, I used a large one for the centre of the flower and two others for balance.  

I finished off with a die-cut 'Hugs'  . . . a Simon one . . . I think?  A quick lick of 'Wink Of Stella' on  the sentiment and a quick spritz of my home-made shimmer spray, and called it done! 

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


18 comments:

  1. Truly stunning design, that crisp embossed stripes with the beautiful flower (inked perfectly of course) That touch of elegance with the gems is simply fabulous. Hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty Hazel - dry embossed stripes were a good solution to not take away focus from the flower - have a good rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, I love the textural impact of your dry embossed lines - and that they don't fight with that beautiful bloom. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Hazel!! The flower looks amazing!! I love the colors!! The stripes are fabulous!! Have a great day, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many choices and boy did you get this one so right. Stunning Hazel and the dry embossing is perfect.... as is your amazing flower x A real stunner x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is simply gorgeous! Love your coloring on that stunning flower. And the die cut sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Hazel this is so pretty. Love that gorgeous flower.
    Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous flower image and the pink is so pretty Hazel, and I love your interpretation of the sketch using embossed lines for the strips behind the flower and finished beautifully with the gems and die cut sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card and I just love your take on the sketch Hazel!!! I need to stamps flowers and cut them out to play with on a card. I never think to stamp and cut out why I don't know! lol I love the embossed lines and think that works perfectly as it doesn't fight for attention with that beautiful bloom, they are nice and subdue, but you know they are there. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dry embossed stripes are a marvelous idea. I'll have to tuck that one up my sleeve for a future date! Your flower is stunning and I love the bold, black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a gorgeous card! I love the embossed lines and that flower is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card looks amazing! That big bold flower is like the aria in an opera. It's beautiful all by itself, but it is also a wonderful element of something bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaah, is this not such a serene and sensational card?! I love this so much, Hazel! I'm a big fan of both your scoring and your beautiful blossom taking center stage!! I'm calling winner!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness - this is gorgeous, Hazel! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers and leaves are gorgeous Hazel. Love your added scoring and gems. TFS Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! So beautiful!!! I just love that flower, and your softly embossed stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I left a comment on this post but it doesn't seem to have arrived...
    What I said was that the scored lines added interest to the card without overpowering the beautiful bloom! Very lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that flower just pops off the card and is so gorgeous! And scoring for the horizontal elements was such a clever idea! Thanks again for joining us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x