Friday 17 March 2017

An Entry For A Long Neglected Challenge


As I have been having a little more time lately to get back in to some of the challenges I used to frequent, I thought I would try and get one done for one of my favourite challenges that has long been neglected . . . Freshly Made Sketches!    I have missed this challenge and their fabulous sketches and am happy to have a card for it today.

This is the sketch.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/freshly-made-sketches-279-sketch-by-rita.html

As you will see, I have changed the orientation of the sketch and also changed the order of the layers, to make it work better for our (UK) card size, which is narrower than the US A2 size - I actually prefer the aspect ratio of the USA card size - but that is by-the-by.  Here is my card.  I will list what I used below.






I used Hero Arts 'Color Layering Poppies' and a new set of Altenew Ink Cubes, the sentiment was from same set and the plaid paper was from a My Favorite Things 6x6 pad.  I finished the whole thing off with a couple of strips of black and white patterned paper from stash and a few drops of black enamel accents to tie it all together!

I really enjoyed making it. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend whatever you are doing and wherever you are!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


19 comments:

  1. A gorgeously stunning card. Good luck in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty in those reds, Hazel - i love these stamps but i've had a horrible time getting them lined up - i'll have to keep a pic of your card so i can get better at it - happy st. patrick's day and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, wow...I wasn't so taken with the sketch when I first saw it...but your tipping it on its side makes for something fabulous. Love the reds and those luscious poppies. Fantastic card dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, this may be a near duplicate comment...my netbook is acting up. I meant to say that the sketch didn't grab me when I saw it yesterday...but seeing what you have done by tipping it on its end...WOW...fabulous card. Those reds and the lovely poppies are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Hazel!! The flowers are beautiful!! What a fabulous quote!! Love your take on the sketch!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Hazel. You poppies are lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully bright card Hazel and the layered poppies against that pretty plaid background look fsbulous, and the black sentiment and pieces of black and white paper and black accents add good contrast as finishing touches. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Hazel! Your coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a fresh and Beautiful card Hazel ,I loved the card design and its neatness :)

    First photo with props looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty - your matching red plaid bg and red flowers make for a fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - love the plaid background paper and the bright black and white banners behind it. Those poppies are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning and even so pretty!! Those poppies have been stamped so perfectly and all the colours of the card match so perfectly. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear Hazel,
    This card is delicious !!! I love how you changed a little sketch! Maki deny decj in his chest! Wonderful card, I love it!
    Have a nice weekend, my Friend :-)
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you've incorporated the stripes, plaid and dots together. The colours are gorgeous and so are the flowers. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations now you've a little more time Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so pretty, Hazel! I love those layered poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow! These flowers are just gorgeous! And I love that dsp behind it. So glad you decided to join us at Freshly Made Sketches again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The poppies look so pretty and I love the sentiment! Like how you adapted the sketch to make it work for your card size!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card. Thankyou for sharing your talent but do you think you could tell me please where you get your products from in the UK? I've searched everywhere for UK stockists of dies and stamps but have no luck lol. Really appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction. X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie

      Thank you for your comment. I do hope you pop back to see my reply (you are a no reply blogger and I can't see if you have a blog either), so this is the only way I can help. I get most of my supplies from 'Seven Hills Crafts', here in the UK and sometimes, if I can't get what I want here in the UK, I will order from 'Simon Says Stamp' in the USA, but their shipping is quite steep. There are others here too, like, 'Crafty Charlie', 'Sir Stampalot' to name a few, but I find that Seven Hills carries the largest selection of manufacturers.

      I hope this helps, and hope to see you here again soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Hazel xx

      Delete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x