Sunday 12 March 2017

Sometimes, all you want to do . . .

 . . . is make a quick card.


Do you know what I mean, or is it just me?  I didn't feel like doing any clever techniques, loads of stamping, colouring, or anything else, I just wanted to . . . make a card!  This fit the bill perfectly!

All I did was stamp a greeting on a 'Project Life' card (I keep them in case I need a card in a hurry, or I've lost my mojo and can't think of anything).  Then, I just adhered a piece of background paper cut smaller than the card base to the front, then, a sheet of vellum cut smaller than the patterned paper and finally topped it with the 'Project Life' card and some 'Enamel Accents' and called it done . . . a nice QAS (quick and simple) card, which satisfied a need 👍






I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!  Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


16 comments:

  1. A really pretty card Hazel. I like the idea of using vellum over the background paper. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant and classy card. Love the layering of the background paper/card. Hope you've had a lovely weekend? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Exactly! Did the job you needed it to do. I keep some little die cuts and have these quick card panels from Reverse Confetti that I like to use and some sticker letters that I use to make names. Perfect for kids cards needed quickly :) I love the use of the different layers and the vellum as well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how quick and CAS this turned out! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I would understand what you mean, I'm the same and sometimes those quicker cards are better than the one's that take a while. Lovely flower and the finished card is so elegant and that vellum adds that touch of softest too. Thank you for your kindness on Facebook and following my blog. Hugs to you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card, Hazel!! I love the vellum!! The flower is beautiful!! Love this, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes.....I totally agree and wrote something similar on a recent blog post. Not every card we create has to make people say WOW! The thought and care that are put into them is what counts.
    I love the addition of the vellum! This is a beautiful card and one that anyone would love to receive. I pinned this in my QAS folder. Thanks for the inspiration!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful and much nicer than a store bought card and quick too. TFS my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever...so love your idea of stamping a sentiment on a Project Life card, I love lots of those too. Your card is just beautiful, love your use of vellum too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have added some beautiful touches to this card Hazel. The vellum over that dark paper gives it a totally different look and finished with those sweet enamel dots. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may be strictly QAS, but it's beautiful! Anyone would love to receive this card - it would definitely brighten their day. I have you have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic idea Hazel...it turned out lovely...the vellum is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean! Your QAS card is so pretty! Love the vellum layer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, this is so pretty, Hazel!!!! Love the beautiful bg paper and the flower is so beautiful!!!! That PL card is so perfect for a card!!!! Well done on your QAS card, my friend!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x