Monday 27 March 2017

Another Entry For Freshly Made Sketches #280


Hello my lovely friends!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  I don't know why, but for some reason I kept thinking it was a bank holiday?  Maybe it was because it was Mother's Day?  AND, guess who forgot to alter her clocks?  Anywho, I'd better get on, as I only have six hours left to get this posted and entered for a second bite at the Freshly Made Sketches #280 challenge

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/freshly-made-sketches-280-sketch-by-jen.html
 This is a sketch by Linda.  Here is my take today.  Explanations at the end of the post.






 First, I took a plain, white panel and embossed it with my favourite embossing plate 'Linen' and mounted it directly to the front of a white card base.

Next, I adhered a piece of a die-cut grid that I had left over from a previous project.  Then I arranged some roses and leaves that I had stamped using a three-step stamping set from Papertrey Ink, adhered the roses with foam tape and then the leaves and a vellum sprig were adhered flat to the card.

Finally, I stamped a small sentiment from Stampin' Up (I love this set, it's so useful), adhered it to a matching strip of gold foil card-stock and adhered that flat to the card too.

I finished the whole thing off by punching out some gold foil circles, adhering them strategically and did some foiling highlights to the roses. 

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Hazel and the gold grid and the highlights of gold on the roses and complementary sentiment and embellishments finish this beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Hazel. At least you didn't have to worry about being late for work with forgetting about the clocks going forward. See you Wednesday dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another superb gorgeous card Hazel.
    Thank god I didn't forget to alter my clock because I was expected in Holland at 9am to give 3 workshops for 10 people each. But I do have troubles with this hour less sleep. Hope you manage that well.
    Hugs Veerle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so beautiful and the gold grid work is gorgeous with them! Glad you shared this at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - and I see the sketch with the gold and the roses strategically placed. I do love that gold mesh die cut. It adds really interesting texture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, Hazel!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the gold grid behind!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and elegant card, Hazel! I love the gold highlights on the roses - they just tie it all together. I have a cold, and I feel better just looking at your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel, what a beauty this is. The gold grid and touches of gold on the rose petals take the card a level up. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card! I love those gorgeous flowers and the hints of gold. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Hazel! I love the touches of gold especially on the flowers! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty use of the sketch! That gold backing is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so inspiring Hazel, you come with such lovely ideas and this card is no exception. That touch of gold with the flower arrangement is simply lovely idea. I love it! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great combination of elements. Loving the 'linen' cover plate in the background and the layout. The gold is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some pretty roses, gold accents, a bit of vellum, some subtle texture - all this makes for a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x