Tuesday 14 March 2017

CAS Mix Up - 1st Blogaversary!

Hi lovely friends!  Today, I have a card for Loll & Bonnie's CAS Mix Up Challenge  which is calling for 'smooshing', stamping & your choice.

http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/cas-mix-up-march-challenge.html

It is also, their first Blogaversary!!   Oh, my, how time passes by so quickly!  Well, I couldn't let such an auspicious occasion go by without a contribution (up until my mother got so ill, I entered every one of my friend's fun challenges, but of course, was unable to do so for so long).  Even now, I am late to the party - literally - but, better late than never eh ladies?

As always, photos first, explanation after.






First, I took the 'smooshed' panel and cut it with a stitched rectangle die, stamped it  using an old Stampendous stamp set and heat embossed it with platinum embossing powder, next, I cut a vellum panel with a stitched, scalloped rectangle die and adhered it to the back of the 'smooshed' panel.

I embossed another panel with an embossing folder - which I can't remember who's it was,  as it had no manufacturer's mark on it - and cut it diagonally for interest and adhered that to the front of the base card.

To finish, I mounted the focal piece on to the card front with thin foam, to show the vellum better against the white of the card.  Finally, I heat embossed 'Happy' on a piece of black card and stamped 'birthday' on a piece of white card, adhered them together and mounted on to the panel - again with thin foam - so, 

Smooshing = panel ✓
Stamping   = panel & sentiment ✓
My Choice = heat embossing, dry embossing, die-cutting ✓

I had fun and hope to participate a lot more often now that Mum is a lot better!   Fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The metallic embossing really pops and the background is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty smooshed background, Hazel! Love those colors and the embossed flowers! The vellum panel and embossed panels add great texture! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors in your smooshed background Hazel - and love all the gold!! have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your smooshed panel is so pretty, Hazel ... great combination of colours. Lifting it with foam and adding the vellum scalloped panel adds lots of dimension and interest. Love liquid platinum embossing powder ... my favourite ... the colour is so pretty paired with the colours of your background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your Mum is so much better and that in turn gives you more time to craft. Love the smooshing and the layering of the vellum and dry embossing layers x One classy card Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossing looks fabulous against that lovely background - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely card Hazel. You've used lots of interesting techniques. The panel is gorgeous and I like the embossing on the background card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful design with that vivid smooshed panel. The vellum and dry embossing are such delicate additions. Gorgeous card Hazel, thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, Hazel!! The embossing really pops against the gorgeous background colors!! This is so beautiful, my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, so much lovely interest here and yet your card is still so cas. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your smooshed background is beautiful! However do you do it? When I try smooshing it looks like a hot mess. Guess I need to keep trying. Thanks for sharing this lovely, inspirational card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Hazel, your smooshed background is so beautiful my friend. I love your heat eb elements..your wild flower is stunning! TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful background you smooshed, Hazel! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful, Hazel!!!!! Clever use of all the techniques to create a card that has a lovely CAS feel!!!!! Love that silhouette stamp and your smooshing is fabulous!!!!! Like the way you've done the sentiment and the vellum layer looks great!!!!! WOW, this is a FABULOUS card, my friend!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card! I'm so glad I clicked here, there, and everywhere while perusing Pinterest and thus happened upon your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! I'm glad you clicked here, there and everywhere too! I hope you pass this way again, as I see you have no blog and are a 'no reply' blogger which means, I am unable to contact you to thank you! Have a great weekend! xx

      Delete
  16. Beautiful birthday card...love your wonderful smooshing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card Hazel, actually been going through and loveing lots. You have so nailed the layers look, an area I totally suck at. Each layer complimenting the next, truly stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x