Wednesday 26 April 2017

Freshly Made Sketches #285



Hello lovely peeps!  Today, I thought I would travel a little out of my comfort zone and go rustic!  I have a love/hate relationship with kraft and rustic items . . . I LOVE them and the results other people get with them . . . they HATE me!  When I use kraft/rustic embellishment, it always looks like I rummaged through my waste bin and grabbed a handful of waste and threw it on a card base (I don't of course, but that is what it looks like).

This time, I was pleasantly surprised . . . it didn't look half bad (for me).  I made it with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge in mind, which, this week is a sketch by Amy.  This is the sketch.

http://jen-icreate.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/freshly-made-sketches-285.html

Great, isn't it?  This is my take.  Explanations below the pics.







First, I took a piece of card (from the back of an envelope, no point buying, when you can recycle, right?)  and adhered it to the front of a card base.

Next, I took a small doily and adhered that down to the front of the card.  Then, I cut a strip of jute 'ribbon' and adhered that.  Next, I took my flowers and leaves and arranged them where I wanted them and adhered the leaves directly and the rose, up on foam for dimension.

I finished, by adding the stamped sentiment with glue to the flower and foam to the jute (to keep it level).  Finally, a lick of Stella over the rose and three of my home made dew drops (haven't used them in a while).  That's it done!  I'm off crafting with the girls tonight, so have a good evening/day, wherever you are and whatever you are doing!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


21 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Hazel, you are too hard on yourself. I love it.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your adventures with 'rustic' sound so funny, Hazel... now I have visions of you doing exactly what you said you didn't do!!!
    Beautiful work, my funny friend. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Hazel and the doily and jute ribbon certainly give the rustic effect, and what a great idea to use the back of an envelope over the card front. The flowers and leaves are so pretty and a great design idea to have the sentiment over part of the flower. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty Hazel - i need to dig those doilies out and use them again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely doesn't look like it came out of the trash, Hazel! It is delightful! The doily is so pretty on the kraft and I love the added texture of the ribbon and the pretty flower! Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's so gorgeous, Hazel!! I don't think you could make anything that looked like you rummaged through your waste bin!! Your projects are always beautiful!! I love the doily and the pretty flower!! Spectacular, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card...love the feminine look you created with that beautiful rose and sweet doily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think you do rustic quite well! I love the juxtaposition you've created with the elegant doily and the jute ribbon. Both make a lovely backdrop for the beautiful rose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your CAS design Hazel and your beautiful coloring. You make me want to get out my doilies. TFS and for always inspiring me. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't look like you've gone outside your comfort zone, Hazel. You have nailed the design on this kraft and rustic card. Great job, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neither half nor full..its not bad at all Its Beautiful ! The pretty rose looks very nice on neutral bg :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant card. I love the contrast by using craft paper. This rose looks amazing on this background. I also love the jute ribbon, it is great and perfectly fits the design. Great card
    I wish you a nice day and a great weekend :-)
    Hugs. my friend
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful Hazel and I love the rustic embellishment with the doiley and rose. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well it has certainly worked with this card Hazel....Doesn't look at all you've used things from the bin and thrown it on...LOL xxxx (Your blog post made me chuckle x). A gorgeous card, great elements and the perfect sketch to work from. Thank you Hazel for sharing this beauty x Hope you had a great evening crafting with friends?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! And, dramatic! Love your layout for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Great use of the sketch. You have a super nice version of kraft paper. It is so light and lovely little speckles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hazel, no one would know of your love/hate relationship looking at this card. It is lovely and feminine and sweet. Super layered/vintage type card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, you've done a wonderful job with this card, Hazel. It's lovely. I especially like the addition of that jute ribbon. It's such a nice contrast to the dainty doily.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's right, it doesn't look half bad - I would even say it looks AMAZING and I absolutely adore it! All the elements work perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nothing about this card looks like it came from the wastepaper bin :) Gorgeous mix of elements, embellishments and patterns! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x