Sunday 2 April 2017

I've Got Sunshine! For CAS #216


Hello lovely people.  I hope you are having a marvellous weekend?  We actually have a little drop of the above mentioned here in the SW UK today - all I keep hearing in my head since making this card is The Temptations singing, 'I Got Sunshine On A Cloudy Day' - for the benefit of those too young to remember Tamla Mowtown, here it is.  It was made in the day when you could understand every word that was sung - Oh my word . . . I've turned into my mother!!


I digress (I blame the heady excitement of the rain easing off for a little while) Today's card, if you hadn't guessed by the title of this rambling post, is another entry for CAS Challenge #216  this is their marvellous sketch

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/challenge-216-sketch.html

OK, here is my take, explanation at the end, as usual.






I knew that I wanted to use a nice, bright, cheery colour to brighten the very dull and very rainy days we have been having lately here in our part of the UK, so my first thing I did was reach for my yellow card-stock!  I cut a panel the size I wanted for my first layer and then cut a white piece the size I wanted for my focal layer.  Then I remembered I had a 'Sun Rays' embossing folder by Crafts Concepts and run the focal piece through my Cuttlebug.

Next, I remembered I had die cut the word 'sunshine' out of yellow card-stock a very long time ago, so I dug that out.  My first layer of yellow card-stock was lighter than the die-cut word and I had completely run out of the other yellow (note to self, must order more), so I ran my 'Daffodil Delight' ink pad over the lighter layer (Daffodil Delight was the colour of my die-cut word) and sprayed with my home-made gold shimmer spray - a little more added sunshine - you are getting the gist of it here now aren't you?

I flush mounted the focal piece to the yellow layer and then added that with some foam for dimension.  I finished the whole thing off with a couple of little stamped words from Hero Arts 'Everyday Messages' - which is a marvellous little set for addition greetings - some Glossy Accents 'dew drops', and there it was, exactly as I had envisioned it!

Have a wonderful Sunday and upcoming week!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel...we've got a bit of this sunshine today too...ye ha! Such a sunny card today and well done on achieving the colour of yellow that you wanted. The dry embossing works great as your background too. Thank you for sharing your sunshine card and I shall now have the words of the song in my brain all day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the sunshine today - and love your card and the remembrance of that song! it's been raining most of the week here but we needed it so badly that i'm not complaining too much - enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love how bright & cheery it is! The DIY glitter paper is awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that song will be playing in my head all day long...but I love it so no worries there! I love this card...yellow is my favorite color...hard to be blue around yellow right? Fab cas card Hazel. Hope you get more sunny days sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is stunning, Hazel!! I love, love the embossing!! The sentiment is perfect!! What a sunny, happy card this is!! So gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one sunny card Hazel. Nice.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shouts sunny days Hazel and I love the sun rays embossing is perfect. I love the way you darkened the background yellow to match that lovely large sentiment, and the added shimmer looks fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous song and even more amazing card....love all that wonderful sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch. Fabulous. Thanks for joining us on the weeks CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pow....that's such a fun card Hazel and full of the joys of Springtime..just what we all need from a long winter. Great take on the sketch too and I think it's so beautiful. You have got me singing that song how too lol..I can't get the tune out of my head. : ) Hugs to you X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inspired! A lovely card Hazel. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful and very cheery card. We have been spoilt with the sunshine for a couple of days let's hope we get a few more during the month. Take care and see you Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sunny and cheerful card Hazel! I love it!!! We have been having a good bit of rain here too, with bits of sunshine. It sure makes a difference in one's mood when the sun is out nice and bright. It just makes the whole world feel better doesn't it?!! Just like your card! I love it my friend!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and cheerful card. Thanks for the ear worm, BTW. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love every detail of this card !!! Incredible combination of colors and sentiment in yellow is a brilliant idea
    Hugs, my friend :-*
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wonderful card just brightened my day! Your sunburst embossing adds some incredible texture and a great design element. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that's clever...
    Wish we had sunshine here today. Boiler broke down on Sunday.
    House so cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This really is a ray of sunshine, Hazel!! Love how you improvised to match the yellows ... the background yellow piece looks like it has a bit of texture --- so pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great CAS card I love the embossing in the background and the pop of yellow. Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely adore this card! The perfect combination of just one colour with white works so beautifully well here. That die is such a fabulous font and the embossing folder sets the perfect background. An absolute peach of a card! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for your sunny card to brighten up our gloomy, wet day! It is truly a delightful card and a winner in my book!
    Sorry for being so behind in my commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a happy, fun card, Hazel! All that yellow makes me smile! Love the embossed sunrays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x