Monday 10 April 2017

Darnell's 2nd April Boo Boo & NBUS #11 Challenge


My card today was originally intended for Loll & Bonnie's CAS Mix Up Challenge, where they want to see 'inlaid die cutting'.  I thought I would be clever by using a very intricate die from Hero Arts, which is a large Chrysanthemum.  So, I cut it out of a smooshed watercolour panel and laid a piece of 'Press and Seal' on top and pressed it down in order to keep all the little 'petals' in place.  I gently pulled off the flower outline but a few bits came up with it.  Not to be daunted, I replaced them back in where they were and flipped over the 'Press and Seal' to put glue on all the little petal pieces.

Next, I placed a card base face down on to the die-cut petal pieces and pressed that down and flipped it over, re-sticking down a few of the pieces that hadn't adhered properly, then, I cut another flower out of pale grey card-stock and this is what I found.


I hadn't got some of the pieces back in place quite right (you can see some where I have ringed in red).  So, I had to scrap that idea!

That is when I decided that it would be good for Darnell's April Boo Boo #2 and NBUS #11

http://www.djkardkreations.com/2017/04/2nd-annual-april-fools-boo-boo-hop-and.html

 It fits the challenge on both counts.  I hadn't used the die before (I'd forgotten I'd had it until I saw a card on Pinterest made with it and thought, 'I think I have that die', so I searched it out).

This is the card I finally made, as I was unable to pull the petal pieces up without destroying them!






I finished the card by stamping a back card base using a NBUS background stamp and heat embossing with clear embossing powder and a sentiment heat embossed in white powder on a strip of matching black card-stock and three dots of black enamel accents.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


16 comments:

  1. Brilliant save! Love this card Hazel.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card bummer about the boo boo 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so gorgeous, Hazel!! You saved it so beautifully!! I love the colors and that fabulous stamped background!! Stunning, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all the hard work you did ...however so glad you persevered as you card is gorgeous. Love the off-set layout and that die cut is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This flower head is beautiful Hazel and you managed to save it well. I really love the colours too, and the black background and sentiment tag is a great contrast. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!!! And a small world. I saw that Petra linked your blog in her latest post, so I clicked on it, and then I saw your title that you participate in the NBUS challenge, which until last week, was basically the only challenge I've ever entered so I thought I'd say hello and tell you that I think your card is gorgeous!! I've only tried that press n seal technique once. Thanks for jogging my memory. I'll have to give it another shot. I loved that technique, I just totally forgot about it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah, doncha just LOVE that flower die, tho? I have it and just love it and I just love your creation with it, Hazel! I'm so glad you worked it out! The sediment strip and offset underskirt of black with its glittery pattern is divine with your colorful mum! Thank you for being a good sport and sharing another boo boo in the Hop and playing again in NBUS #11!! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, and thank you for sharing your boo boo! I tried the press and seal technique with a Christmas Angel once and made a right mess of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, I can imagine how disappointed you must have been after doing all the hard work and then not have the three little petals fit properly, my friend!!!! But the card that you made in the end is really beautiful!!! I absolutely love the blues and purples and the flower looks amazing!!!! Love the sentiment on the black strip and the lovely shiny black border on the two sides!!!! And what really catches my eye are the three black pearls that add to much to the success of the card!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!!
    Have a great afternoon and evening!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well your boo boo make for one beautiful card Hazel!!! I love the smooshed paper you die cut out of, such pretty colors!! I did love where you were going with your original idea and I know you will get it next time! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great save Hazel. Your card is AMAZING. Love the soft watercoloured flowers and your beautiful design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that this is on a black card base, and your pattern is so lovely and sparklie too. THat mum die cut is fabulous cut out of your lovely watercolor panel. Gorgeous card Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It might not work for the inlaid technique challenge but it looks spectacular! (I think I even like it better than with the grey outline, shhh) Simply stunning! I have that die but I don't know if I would have the patience to fiddle with the many tiny pieces... Absolutely love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your petals are a happy accident, Hazel! They are very artsy and contribute to the beauty of your flower! Love the colors of the flower and how well it looks on the black! A wonderful layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card looks fantastic Hazel. A shame about the boo-boo but I'd never have known. I absolutely love the colour of your flower and it looks gorgeous on the black embossed background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x