Tuesday 25 April 2017

Playing With A New Stampin' Up Set


Yesterday, I made a card with my new Stampin' Up set called, 'Timeless Textures'.  I have long admired the cards that have been made with a collage of textured stamps and wanted to give it a try!  Here is my attempt, explanation below pics!






I started with a plain, white card base and stamped the little 'grid' stamp three times in a grey ink.  Then, I stamped the little, distressed flourish in the right hand corner.  Next, I took, what is rapidly becoming my 'go to' flower and leaves, 'Altenew's - Beautiful Day' and arranged them over the stamping.

I finished by stamping the greeting in the same grey ink as the other stamping and adhered a few sparkling sequins.

I was quite pleased with my very first (unadventurous) foray into collage stamping, maybe next time I will be a little more adventurous with it!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


16 comments:

  1. The stamped collage makes a lovely bg for the Beautiful flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really have always liked these backgrounds too but have never been very successful at it - this SU set is wonderful with your beautiful flower - lovely card, Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful Hazel a perfect first try. Did you fussy cut the flower ?
    BTW sorry I have been MIA for a while i am catching up. Had loads of work with my webshop. (still have, I am still adding articles and i am still translating the whole site in french and english for my foreign customers)
    Sending you love and hugs my friends, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so gorgeous, Hazel!! Your foray into collage stamping was a huge success!! The flower looks amazing!! I love this, my friend!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing layout Hazel. You really have nailed this type of layout. Gorgeous colouring and the grey looks great with the amazing flower. I really do love this card....keep them coming x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, you need to jump in more...this is such a lovely collage with textures and such interesting bits. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Hazel and I adore the Altenew flower and leaves over that pretty distressed background. A wonderful card! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collage background is perfect, Hazel! Just enough to enhance this gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love the look this gives - verging on the mixed media without a lot of the added mess of acrylics and stuff. Love it with the big bold flower in the corner. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10! I give it a 10! It's perfect! You've done a WONDERFUL job with your collage stamping. If I saw this card on a store's shelf surrounded by all the other cards they usually offer, I'd definitely pick this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous x see you this evening dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job with your collage stamping, Hazel. Wonderful mix of images ... and your flower is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those texture stamps in grey make a fantastic background for your lovely flower and leaves! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Collage stamping, Hazel. Your background is so perfect for your beautifully colored flower and leaves. I love your simple sentiment too. All perfectly balanced my friend. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this stamp Altenew. It looks amazing on this complex background. Beautiful idea and great color combination.
    Have a nice day
    Hugs. my friend
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x