Wednesday 19 April 2017

Trying Out New Supplies


Hello my lovely friends.  I don't know about you all, but whenever I feel a little down, I hide in my craft room and get some crafting done.  I don't necessarily have any concrete plan in mind, just that I want to craft something.  This was one of those cards. 

 Hiding in my craft room I took out a stamp and die set that I have just recently purchased from Stampin' Up called 'Special Reason'.

Explanation below the photos.






I took a plain, white card base, a plain white layer the same size as the card and a smaller white layer for my focal piece and a piece of black card slightly larger than the focal piece and set to work.

First, I took the white panel the same size as my card base and ran it through an embossing folder and adhered it directly to the front of the card base.

Next, I took the focal panel and one of the dies from the set and ran it through my cutting machine twice, shifting the position of the die for the second run.  Then I die cut two leaves.

Then, I took a panel from my drawer that I had smooshed in the past and used that to back my die-cuts.  Then I stamped the sentiment.

To finish, I adhered the focal panel on to the black panel - which I had cut a bit wonky - hence the little bow, (rescued from a garment that was being disposed of.)   Sshh, don't tell and mounted that to the card front with foam for a bit of height.  Adding the finishing touches of a few black enamel accents.

When I had finished, my mood was a little more lifted - you know what they say folks - that crafting is cheaper than therapy . . . well, not in my case, but it is far more enjoyable!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


20 comments:

  1. Sorry you where a little down Hazel x Chuckled at your last comment though about the cost of therapy against crafting!!! Such fabulous smooshing behind the die cut flowers. Glorious clean and sharp white against the pretty flowers. Love the texture of the dry embossing and particularly love the little black bow (LOL XX). Thanks for sharing and hope you feel a little better? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the smooched background behind the flowers. It looks metallic. Crafting always lifts my spirits, glad you felt a bit better after making this card. Get out and get some Vitamin D and let the sunshine heal you! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a pretty card and how wonderful to play with new supplies! I really love the black frame over the awesome embossed background. The die cut flowers are so interesting with your multicolor smooshing! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were hiding out as it was so productive! Love the look of the flowers cut from your smooshing play and the colors are 'happy' colors. Looks terrific on the delicate embossing & made such a lovely card. Hope things are looking up with your Mom's health. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, so thought out. I love the gold glow smooshed background. It looks stunning.
    I hope you and your mother have everything well. Regards for you and your family,
    Bożena xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning, Hazel!! The color of the flowers is amazing!! I love the design and texture!! What a gorgeous card, my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you were a bit down Hazel but glad a little crafting helped, and this was certainly worth the effort as it is extremely pretty. I love the embossed background, and the cut out flowers with the pretty pink and gold showing through from underneath work beautifully and great embellishments too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Hazel...Gorgeous CAS design with beautiful textures. I LOVE your smooshed background behind your die cut flowers, die cut leaves and black accents! Your card cheered me up and I did not even need to be cheered up!

    So hope your day has turned into a glorious day, Hazel with many blessings my friend...Hugs to you and your Mum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find crafting very therapeutic as well. :) You can't help but in an a happier mood when you produce something as beautiful as this card, Hazel. Great design. So many wonderful elements that all work together perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when I can just craft whatever comes to mind! It is very relaxing and any stress just lifts off! I love how you've used this set, Hazel. I've debated back and forth about buying it. I love the smoosh behind the flowers and the bit of black to highlight the lovely white space! Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crafting does the same for me, Hazel. Whenever I feel a bit out of sorts, some crafting time seems to make me feel much better. Your card is lovely. I especially like the bright background behind your flower die-cuts. It's so pretty! Thanks for sharing this pretty card, and keep on crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made a beautiful card with your NBUS, Hazel! It's hard to believe you made this lovely uplifting card when you were feeling down! It definitely lifted my spirits just seeing it on the monitor! You do gorgeous work no matter what mood you are in!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear you've been down Hazel, but what a wonderful way to get yourself back into a happier place. Crafting has been my saviour at times and even if what I've made hasn't turned out that well, I've done something different and got away from it all. Well worth it! The card is beautiful. I love the coloured panel behind the die cut flower. Adds a beautiful pop of colour. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful card. hope making it lifted your mood

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to pull out new goodies...love your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I had to smile on your comment on the costs of therapy and stamping supplies, Hazel!!! Yep, nothing like lifting a bad mood like spending time in your craft room, hey!!! And I can just imagine how great you must have felt after creating this beauty, my friend!!!!! Your flowers with the touches of gold look simply stunning and I love those leaves!!!!! Lovely dry embossing for great texture and a cute bow and some pearls and you've got a stunning card!!!! Wonderfully done with your new goodies!!!!
    Enjoy your weekend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, spending time in the craft room and creating is good for us! Sorry to hear that you were feeling down but you did the right thing. Your beautiful card also lifts the mood of us who visit you blog, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I used to go to the crafty room when down a little, but haven't done that in a long time. Not because I haven't been down though! Your card is just beautiful Hazel. I love the new set you got. I know your card sure lifted my spirit as well! Yeah, I don't know about crafting being cheaper than therapy, but I do know that it is better than therapy! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL Hazel...you are quite right about the cheeper than therapy...in any case I imagine it to be a whole lot more fun. Love the touches of black they make everything look so crisp and a touch formal which just adds to the loveliness of your layered card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome Hazel, absolutely fab.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x