Saturday 8 April 2017

Freshly Made Sketches #282


Hello lovely crafters.  I have been absent for  a couple of days, because I have had to make a couple of  'mercy dashes' to my mother.  She scraped her arm quite badly and the wound wouldn't stop bleeding (not enough to have to go to A&E, thank God), but her skin is so thin now it is going to take some time to heal, so I have been back and forth dressing it.  Thankfully, this evening, it stopped bleeding!

Anyway, this card is for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #282 and this is the sketch.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/freshly-made-sketches-282-sketch-by.html

Here is my take.  As always, explanation below.






I started by cutting a 4"x 4" square card base and embossed the front with my 'Linen' embossing folder.  Then, I took an ink pad to some white card-stock to match the ink colour I wanted to use and then punched out three scalloped squares.

Next, I punched out three more squares, one in white, one black and one out of a scrap of patterned paper - would you believe that the choices for my ink colour and subsequently, my card-stock, was all based around that small scrap of PP which had been loitering on my desk for days!  Then I stamped my images on to the small, white square. Then I assembled the layered squares and mounted one flush to the card front, the second up on one, thin piece of foam tape and the third on two layers of thin foam tape.

I finished off with a tiny, stamped sentiment and mounted that to a scrap of the ink coloured card-stock and mounted that with foam tape too.  Some sequins with black enamel accents to the centres finished the card.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


19 comments:

  1. The trio of 'inchie' portraits is so eyecatching. (and yay for you at using some snippets too). I love the way you've met the sketch challenge, and what a tiny little portrait you have created with the miniature pictures. Love the scallop around the squares, and of course the itty-bitty sentiment...just perfect. Best wishes to your Mom for healing. I know the thin skin problem makes it so difficult for a scrape to heal, so praying all will go well for ya'll. TFS & have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pretty squares all tie together so beautifully! Love those sequins, too, especially since you added the black dots in the middle. They perfectly mirror the black dots in the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That embossing folder is still a favourite of mine too Hazel, love your card. Lovely those squares on that background. Hope your mum's arm will heal soon. Enjoy the weekend my friend, hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on the sketch Hazel and all based on that pretty paper, and perfect colour coordination with the stamping and the layered squares. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poole mum I hope it heals without any complications. Love to you all. Very pretty card, lovely soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card. Fun colours and love the small squares and how you've done them. Enjoying the photo quality too x Sorry to hear about your Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Hazel!! I love your take on the sketch!! The colors are fabulous!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful montage.
    Love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel, fabulous card. I love the colors you ended up with. Such a wonderful representation of the sketch. Hope your mum is doing better, it is hard as our parents get older.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous take on the sketch! And good for you to use that piece of PP! It's a win win situation - the piece is probably excited to live on such a pretty card and you have an empty spot on your desk!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous take on the sketch Hazel!!! I love your color choices and I love that little scrap you used for inspiration color. The flower stamps you used are so pretty! Such a sweet and beautiful birthday card my friend!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO beautifully CAS and stylish!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card....love how you took that sketch and made this amazing card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely way to use up bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card! Love the squares and the sequins! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my, I've just been asking how your mom's doing and here I see that you're having a bad time again, my friend!!!! So sorry to hear of your mom's arm, and really hoping for you that it will mend soon!!!!! It must really have you get tired to have to travel to her all the time!!!! Thinking of you!!!!
    And boy, what a fabulous card you have made following the FMS sketch!!! That greenish colour is sooooooo beautiful and I love the scalloped edges!!!!! Clever to have the one square's edges straight and such a wonderful match of your ink colour with the piece of very pretty patterned paper, hey!!!! Wonderful dimension with the different amounts of foam you have used to mount the two lifted squares!!!! And I love the one square in black!!!! The simple font of the sentiment goes perfectly with the whole CAS feel and the sequins with the black dots are beautiful!!!! What a great card, my friend - LOVE it!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another lovely card Hazel. A great design and I love the colour. Well done using up your bits too. The sequins are a lovely finishing touch. Sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope she soon heals. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x