Saturday 22 April 2017

Freshly Made Sketches #284


Hello lovelies.  I hope you are all having a lovely weekend so far.  Today, I wanted to make a card for a sweet friend, so I thought I would use the sketch over at the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #284 blog.  This is their sketch, which is a sketch by Karren!

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/freshly-made-sketches-284-sketch-by.html

I hadn't used these butterflies from Clearly Besotted or this embossing folder by We R Memory Keepers in a long while and they are actually a couple of my favourite crafting items (note to self: I MUST use my favourite items more), I don't think this card needs any more explanation, so on to the pics!






There is a little shimmer spritz to the base card, which isn't showing in the photos, but it is a subtle shimmer.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I LOVE what you did with the sketch!!! I totally see the shimmer and love that pretty lavender color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Hazel!! I love, love the embossing!! It adds such gorgeous texture!! The butterflies are so beautiful!! The colors are amazing!! Love, love this, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Hazel and I love the basket weave embossing in the background and the two pretty purple butterflies and the white on black sentiment which goes perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see why these are your favorites! Love these butterflies! Such pretty background colors! I love how you've used this sketch, my friend! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic take on the sketch! Love the embossed strip and those butterflies are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shimmery butterflies are so pretty! Love your take on the sketch. The embossing adds some lovely texture and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those butterflies are absolutely divine! The colors are beautiful and I really love the texture on the vertical layer. A beautiful card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those butterflies are amazing. Love the use of black for the butterflies. That strip of dry embossing shows off those amazing butterflies to perfection x Yes you really must use your 'favourite' stash more often xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear friend ...this is a stunning card!!!! Those butterflies are simply FABULOUS in the purples and blues with the black and I love that EF you used!!!!! WOW, Hazel, this is really beautiful!!!!! LOVE it!!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a great week!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texture on the middle layer, it really makes this card stand out. those Butterflies are pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Hazel! The white-on-white texture through the centre works wonderfully with those gorgeous butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why they are favorites, so lovely combined.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful...love how you colored your sweet butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Hazel. Love the embossed strip in the middle.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You nailed this sketch, Hazel.
    Done to perfection. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x