Saturday 29 April 2017

A Card To Cheer


Good day Crafters.  I hope your weekend has started well.  The card I bring you today was made for my dear SIL who has been going through a bit of a tough time recently, so I wanted to let her know that we are here for her and that she is not alone.

Here is the card, and explanation below.






I used my new stamp set from Stampin' Up called Beautiful You and stamped the girl on to a white panel.  Then, I cut a 6x6 piece of patterned paper to cover the front of the card base and stamped the girl again on the scrap piece and fussy cut her dress out and adhered that to the stamped image on the white panel.

Next, I cut a few raindrops in the panel with a die from 'Weather Together' die set, also from Stampin' Up.  I finished the panel with a sentiment from the same stamp set and hand drew some border lines around the image.

I mounted the focal panel on to the card front with foam for a bit of dimension, sprayed it with my home made shimmer spray, to add a little sparkle (anyone who needs cheering, needs a bit of sparkle) and that was the card done.  It was gratefully received yesterday and I was happy I managed to brighten her day a little.

My day, didn't go quite as well!  I waited another five hours for my mum's heart nurse, only for her to ring and cancel five minutes before the end of the five hour time slot she gives us!  She asked if she could re-schedule, I'm afraid I lost my patience, and told her not unless she could give us a a specific  time for the next one, as I had other things to do than sit around for five hours waiting for a no show!!  She got my point, apologised, and said she would contact me next week about another appointment! Sorry, I'll stop moaning now, and wish you all a very happy weekend!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


13 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card Hazel and I'm sure will cheer your SIL up especially with the bright and sunny yellow and the paper with the sunny rays in the background, and a great idea to paper piece the dress with it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the background paper you used...like rays breaking out from the clouds :) Your SIL will love this!! Ugh, I can't believe you had to wait around for four hours and fifty-five minutes for a no-show!! I would have lost it, too!! How rude!! Hopefully it will go better the next time. Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card which hopefully brightened up your SIL's day. Thanks to you I also own that fantastic stamp set just need to get some ink on it - maybe I could use our new tool to make multiples now. How frustrating about the nurse visit I certainly hope you don't get messed about next time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your bright, cheerful and creative card, Hazel for your SIL. Now you need someone to send you a bright, cheerful and creative card my friend. 5 hours...that is a very long wait! Hope your day today is special! Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the style of coloring the yellow is a fabulous color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is a delightfully bright and cheery card and I'm sure it brought a smile to your SIL's face. Sorry to hear that you waited in vain for the nurse. Hopefully next time she'll show up when she's supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! I love the patterned paper you used. It's so perfect and definitely ties into your theme of brighter days ahead. I understand your frustration at having to wait around for five hours for nothing. I hope the next appointment goes much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes i hate it too Hazel when people cancel 5 minutes before. We DO have better things to do. On the other hand your card is absolutely wonderful. I'm sure your SIL liked it. Big hug Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Hazel...To be told the nurse wasn't coming 5 minutes before the very long wait...totally unacceptable, frustrating and stressful all round x Your card today is a ray of sunshine. Such pretty and vibrant patterned paper. Crisp stamping and what a lovely card to send your SIL x Thinking of you Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This such a beautiful, uplifting card, Hazel! I LOVE all that yellow that makes me feel happy and the little raindrops cut in the design panel were a brilliant idea! Hope you'll have a better experience with the nurse the next time. That was very inconsiderate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Hazel, that yellow and a bit of sparkle are sure to brighten a a day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so bright and cheerful ... perfect card to send happy thoughts to your SIL. I hope things go better for her soon! And how annoying for the nurse to cancel at the end of the time slot. She must have known she wasn't going to make it before then and should have the courtesy to call you earlier. I can imagine your frustration. Hope the next appt. works out for you and you are not left hanging. Give my love to your mum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That patterned paper is so perfect to give this card a sunny look! What a great card to send to someone going through a tough time. Hope your SIL will come out at the other end soon!
    And that nurse!!! What nerve to make you wait that long twice and cancel at the last minute! I hope the third time will be the charm and she will see you right away! Hope your Mum is doing ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x