Wednesday 12 April 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #218


Hello lovely crafters!   Today my card is for the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #218 and this their sketch.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/challenge-218-sketch.html

 I also made this card for a friend of ours who unfortunately has Alzheimer's and lives quite a way from us and we had received a letter from the lady's brother-in-law (who looks after her interests) saying that he had had to move our friend to another care home as the one she was in wasn't looking after her as they should.  He tells us that in a short space of time (within a few days) she is looking so much better, brighter and happier!  So, we are sending her this card to let her know that we think of her a lot.




First, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees clockwise as I knew I wanted to make a landscape card.  This is a hybrid card.  

First, I generated the sentiment in Photoshop and printed it out and then cut the panel to size, next, I stamped the flowers - from an unknown manufacturer - in the bottom right corner, in order to leave space for the butterfly, which I wanted to use instead of the small square in the sketch.

Next, I cut a strip of black card-stock and ran it through a good, old fashioned paper crimper and adhered that to a creamy card base.  Then I adhered my focal panel to a gold foil piece of card, slightly larger than the focal panel and layered up a butterfly in card-stock to match the rest of the card.  I adhered a few pearls to the body of the butterfly and scattered a few smaller ones on the flowers.

I then mounted the focal panel to the card base on foam and also mounted the butterfly with foam for extra dimension.

To finish off, I spritzed with home-made gold shimmer spray - I can't seem to make a card lately that doesn't need a bit of shimmer in my eyes!  - unfortunately, it came out a bit fast and I have a little too much in the bottom right-hand corner - serves me right, I shouldn't keep trying to 'gild the Lily'.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


17 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and gorgeous, Hazel!! The design is beautiful!! I love the pretty butterfly!! What a stunning to send to your friend to let her know you're thinking of her!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card love the use of the shiny gold too

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't get much more elegant than shimmery black and gold, Hazel! A beautiful card to send your friend. I'm glad she is in a happier place and I'm sure this will make her days even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful and elegant card Hazel and love the gold card and added pearls, and what a great idea to crimp the background black border. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty and chic take on the sketch. I'm sure your friend will love receiving it. Thanks for joining us on this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This black and white card with the golden accents looks so elegant and striking! I am sure it will make your friend even happier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, thoughtful card, Hazel. You are a kind soul who is also artistic and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Hazel and I'm sure it will make your friend very happy to receive it. It's good that your friend has someone to take care of things for her and she already sounds much happier in her new home.

    I love the sentiment you've generated for your card. I really should learn how to do all that clever stuff. I like a bit of shimmer to and I do like the way you've crimped the black card. It's a lovely effect. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. I like the gold & black. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One classy card Hazel. What a lovely sentiment and the layout is gorgeous. The crimping looks good and loving the shine of the spray. How thoughtful to make this for your friend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how sweet of you to make a card for your friend, Hazel!!! And she is going to love this beautiful card so much, my friend!!!! You can't go wrong with B&W and gold, hey - always work wonderfully together!!!! Your sentiment looks amazing (I should learn to do that, too!!!) and the silhoette stamp is perfect to go with it!!!! And your layered butterfly is simply stunning!!!! From the photo's I can't really tell if you've used too much shimmer, but I sure you've just too much of a critical eye and that it looks fine (we are always too hard on ourselves, hey!!!!) Your card is really beautiful, Hazel!!!!
    Enjoy your Easter weekend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card and such a beautiful thing to do as well. I am glad your friend is doing better in her new home. I adore the bright pops of gold on this card - and I'm impressed you made some home made shimmer spray. It really adds some sparkle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty!! I LOVE the black and white with the touch of gold color scheme. Such a nice card to send to your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and what a lovely sentiment. The recipient is sure to love it. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an elegant and pretty card. I love the use of black, gold, white and those cute little pearls! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful to think of your friend and send this sweet card. Along with her new surroundings, this lovely card will continue to lift spirits. I love the gold touches.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, I'm so glad that your friend was moved to where she is getting much better care! That makes all the difference in the world!! Your card is stunning Hazel, so elegant and beautiful. I know it will cheer your friend so much to be able to look at this beautiful card each day! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x