Saturday 1 April 2017

CAS Challenge #216


 Hello everyone.  Today I have a card for the CAS Challenge #216

This is the sketch.



I noticed a couple of the DT had made sympathy cards and realised that I have none in my stash!  Now, as we all know, a sympathy card is not something that you want to make in a hurry and sometimes, at a time like this, it may be the last thing you want to be doing (making a card).  So, I thought it might be a good idea to not only get inspiration from the sketch, but also from the DT's inspiration designs also.

So, here it is (explanation at the end).








I started with a plain white card base, with a slightly smaller black piece of card-stock that I embossed with some matte black embossing paste through a stencil (which doesn't show at all in the pictures).  Next, I adhered a smaller white panel on top of the black one, on which I had stamped the bird image (manufacturer unknown).  Then I adhered that to the base card with foam for a bit of dimension.

Finally, I heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of black card-stock and adhered that with foam too.

I finished the whole thing off with a few black enamel accents and a light spritz of home-made shimmer.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful card; great CAS style. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathy cards are so hard to make and you've done an amazing job, Hazel!! I love the black and white and the beautiful bird!! Gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CAS design is perfect for a sympathy card. It's beautiful, Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cas card Hazel, and so appropriate for a sympathy card. Quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Hazel. Even looks very peaceful.
    Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect image for a sympathy card Hazel and love the black and white with a touch of shimmer and the added black enamel dots to finish. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply elegant and here's hoping you don't need it for some time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stunningly beautiful, thanks for playing along at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! So stylish and classy with the simple monochromatic colour scheme. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS perfection and such an elegant card. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and elegant card. Looking at this beautiful bird that rises in the sky I feel like he took our worries to God. This card adds hope.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the elegance of your black and white card, Hazel. Thanks so much for playing with our sketch this week at CC&S! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful and elegant card, perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Hazel! The black and white is classy and that sweet and simple bird is perfect for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x