Sunday 2 November 2014

Two Birds With One Stone . . . Or, Two Challenges For One Card!

Yesterday, I received an order from Make The Day Special, just in time for the start of their November challenge . . . serendipitous (no, that's not the name of the challenge) the brief for their challenge was to use one of their colour schemes


I was dithering about which to choose, when I thought, why not do as many as I felt like . . . I always need more Christmas cards anyway and then I can choose which one I prefer.

First, I chose the non traditional colours - which led me on to the next challenge - which was over at one of my favourite challenge blogs, 'Less Is More' and their new challenge, which is, 'Non Traditional Christmas Colours'  Ideal for my first colour combo!  Which is this one





The second one, was the 'Traditional Colour Scheme' for the 'Make The Day Special Challenge'  and this was it



This was the two together


The supplies used are listed below - most were from Make The Day Special, as per their rules and I will link to those.

Thank you for stopping by and I appreciate all your comments!

Supplies for the 'Blue - Non Traditional Card' were

Stamps for wreath - WPlus9 'Woodland Wreaths'
Dies for wreath - WPlus9 'Woodland Wreath'
Die for sentiment - Unsure origin
Inks - Memento 'Summer Sky' & 'Bahama Blue' & Stampin' Up 'Tempting Turquoise' & 'Real Red'
Embellishments - Red satin ribbon, sequins and micro beads (from my stash)
Pattern paper - Printed on my printer

Supplies for the 'Traditional Colour Scheme' were


Stamps for wreath - WPlus9 'Woodland Wreaths'
Dies for wreath - WPlus9 'Woodland Wreath'
Border die - Pretty Pink Posh 'Stitched Borders'
Sentiment stamp - 'Penny Black'
Inks - Memento 'Bamboo Leaves' & 'Cottage Ivy' & Stampin' Up 'Certainly Celery' & 'Real Red'
Embellishments - Sequins, micro beads & ribbon - From my stash
Pattern paper - Printed on my printer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x