Wednesday 19 November 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #100

Today, I just managed to get this one in with a few hours to spare.  I thought I would miss it!   For some peculiar reason, although I loved the sketch as soon as I saw it, everything I tried . . . I wasn't happy with . . . don't you just hate that when it happens?  

I was about to give up on it, but thought that I'd have one last go and I came up with this one.  I still wasn't over the moon, but I wasn't as disappointed as the other four attempts!  So, I decided to use it for the challenge, 'CAS(E) This Sketch #100'  Anyway, this is what I came up with





And this was the sketch


First I designed the border paper in my graphic program and printed it out on my printer.  Then I got a plain white card front and ran it through my Cuttlebug with an embossing plate and a frame die - all supplies will be listed below - then, I stuck the border paper to the bottom of my card (in retrospect I should have stuck the border paper down after embossing the card front and then run it through the frames die, that way the edge detail would have continued around on the border paper, but I didn't think  of it at the time, but that's what I'd do if I made it again, unlikely after all the trouble I had!)

Finally, I stuck the whole thing to a plain white card base and embellished with a few sparkling sequins!

Supplies used:

Embossing Plate - Papertrey Ink (expensive to get shipped to UK, but I had to have it)
Frames Die - Avery Elle, 'Finished Frames'
Stamp - Clearly Besotted, 'Happy Days'
Paper - Designed by me and printed on my printer
Embellishments - Mixed sequins by Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for taking the time to visit today and for any comments you leave, they are all very much appreciated!

Hazel x


6 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just not working. But very brave you didn't give up and your card has come out just fine. I like the textured background of your white front panel, very nice. Have a nice evening, hugs, Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the texture and design of this! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is wonderful! I really like the idea that you could have embossed it with the border as well, I'd like to see that card too, it's such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean, simple and texture!! Awesome work! So happy you joined us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, Hazel, you should get a special recognition for EFFORT! I'm sorry it gave you such fits, but the result here is spectacular!! I totally love everything about it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Darnell, it really looks spectacular. Loving those framed borders on the bottom and your border trim around the edges is so pretty with the frames. Very simple, sleek and just bee-U-tEE-ful indeed. Hope the eye surgery for your Mom went great & she's recovering well. TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x