Friday 7 November 2014

Another Great Sketch - Freshly Made Sketches #161

Today I made another card for the terrific challenge site, Freshly Made Sketches and their challenge #161  A lot of techniques were used this time, but although that was the case, I still tried to keep it fairly CAS . . . I hope I succeeded?

Anyway, if you like trying techniques, stay tuned and I will list them.  Here is the card.




Sorry about the picture quality, but it is a poor day for lighting today . . . it is winter I suppose!

And this was the sketch


Right, here we go,

First, I used a stencil on the base card - all supplies used will be listed below - and sprinkled sparkle embossing powder over the snowflakes and left the whole thing to dry.  When it was completely dry, I then heat embossed the sparkle embossing powder (I didn't want the embossing paste to bubble which is why I let it dry first)

Next, I die cut an aperture at the top of the card, as I wanted to do some die cut inlaying, and then cut the inlay piece out of white card.  I also die cut six snowflakes and stacked them one on top of the other.

Then I heat embossed the sentiment with silver detail embossing powder and embossed the snowflake using one of the dies.

Finally, I put it all together and added a few tiny snowflakes to fill a couple of gaps that seemed to be 'missing something' (try to imagine the card without and I think you will probably agree?), maybe not, maybe it's just me!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and if you have read this far, I truly appreciate it . . . and all of your comments!

Bye for now, have a crafty day!
Hazel xx

Supplies used:

Stencil - Memory Box 'Tiny Snowflakes'
Stamp - Kaiser Craft 'Magic Of Christmas'
Embossing Powder - WOW 'Silver Detail Powder'
Dies - Spellbinders 'Snowflake Pendant Set'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x