Sunday 23 November 2014

Double Day Today! Freshly Made Sketches #163 and CAS Colours & Sketches #101

Today is, 'two for the price of one' day.  I have been getting behind with some of the challenges, so I have been trying to catch up.  The first challenge today is for the 'Freshly Made Sketches #163 Challenge'  and this is their sketch below.  I'm also linking both cards to the 'Timeout Embossing with optional twist of Sparkle Challenge'

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/

I turned it around and made this card



Detail


Again, I have to apologise for the poor piccture quality, it seems to be inevitable this time of year - here in this part of the world - anyway, enough of the excuses.  All supplies will be listed below.

Supplies used:

Dies - Simon Says Stamp, 'Snowflake' and Lawn Fawn, 'Stitched Journaling'
Stamp - Kaisercraft sentiment
Embossing - WOW, silver detail
Card - Navy Blue Flecked (yes, navy blue!) and white
Pale blue glittered strip is my homemade paper


Next card was for the 'CAS Colours And Sketches #101 Challenge'  and this is their colours below.  I'm also linking this card to the 'Timeout Embossing with optional twist of Sparkle Challenge'


http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/

I didn't have 'Lost Lagoon', so I used, 'Bermuda Bay' and instead of 'Smoky Slate' I used 'Basic Gray' and the Metallic Silver was provided by WOW's 'Silver Glitter Embossing Powder' . . . this is what I came up with . . . all supplies will be listed below. 


Detail 



Again apologies for picture quality!

Supplies used:

Dies - Pretty Pink Posh 'Stitched Edge Dies'
Punch and Tree Stamps - Stampin' Up 'Festival Of Trees'
Greeting - Penny Black 'Whooo's Wishing'
Embossing Powder - WOW 'Silver Glitter Embossing Powder'

Thank you so much for visiting today and I appreciate all your comments . . . as always, have a good weekend!  Hazel x

19 comments:

  1. Like how you turned the sketch and that silver embossing really stands out! Great job with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both cards a lot Hazel and I also like the big silver snowflake on the sketch card.
    Hugs, Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! The sentiment in the first card is just gorgeous and I love how you've used the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous designs and I love how u used the stitched panels on ur second card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good Hazel,love the stitching
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards. I love the embossing and the non-traditional colors on both. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great cards. Love your curved panels on the second and the wonderful sentiment and of course the purple on the first! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour substitutes which work just as well - a gorgeous card - thanks for sharing this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy! Brilliant take on sketch with your first card and love the colour combo. Your second card is gorgeous, especially love the stitched die-cutting along the bottom. And the tree with the pretty embossing is amazing. Both of these cards would be perfect for our Time Out Challenges, your more than welcome to link them up, our theme is 'Embossing with optional twist of Sparkle'. http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/11/challenge-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely cards. A great take on the sketch.I love the silver embossing and the use of the stitching. What lovely sentiment on the first card
    .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your Time Out card, great design, love the curvy lines and the dimension you have created with the trees. So pleased you joined us at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards! The handmade paper on the first one is terrific. I love the layout of the second card with its gently curved blocks of color. Thanks for joining in this week at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so pretty, love your big embossed sentiment, it really stands centre stage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are lovely! I especially love the colours you've used and the embossed sentiment on your submission for FMS - thanks for joining us at this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I particularly like your 'Warm Winter Wishes' card with its stitched edge die cut layers. Great card! Lovely modern feel. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, Hazel! Love the colours and the embossing. The stitched dies on the second card are a great detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous CAS cards. Love your color choices! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are gorgeous, and I love your second one with Christmas Trees. I like the idea of two tones and silver embossing, looks so modern!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am more and more impressed. The more pages I see that I'm more stunned by their beauty.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x