Sunday 16 November 2014

CAS Colours & Sketches - Challenge #100

Today's offering is a card made for the 'CAS Colours & Sketches - Challenge #100' which is a sketch challenge this time.

This is their sketch



This time I decided to 'mix it up a bit', whilst keeping the main elements from the sketch - trying to 'think outside the box' for a change, something I'm not normally good at!  I also decided that I was a bit 'stuck' on doing Christmas cards at the moment, and seeing that I had made all mine before April . . . I thought I'd made more than enough!

Anywho, this is what I came up with today.  All supplies are listed below (as far as I can remember)




Detail view



Supplies used:

Punces - Stampin' Up, 'Large Butterfly
Dies - Stampin'Up, 'Butterfly Sizzlits' & Memory Box (I think) 'Butterfly Border'
Stamps - Clearly Besotted, 'Sweet Little Sentiments'
Card Stock - Stampin' Up, 'Daffodil Delight' . . . rest from stash
Watercolour strip behind butterfly panel, coloured with cheap watercolour paints.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today and I appreciate any comments you may have!



10 comments:

  1. love this one Hazel I like the rainbow butterflys
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this is sooo Beautiful! LOVE your design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a lovely card. Bright, cheering and elegant. Well done, Hazel. I'll be following you! :)
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous, bright and cololurful card!! Love the effect behind the butterflies, its so pretty. And fantastic take on the sketch, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Love those rainbow butterflies and the black layering really makes everything pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and bold colour choice - love the butterflies too - thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card! I love the rainbow of colors peeking out from the die-cut butterfly border. This card is definitely going to brighten someone's day! Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bright and colorful take on the sketch, Hazel!! I can't believe you had all your Christmas cards done before April!! What??? You are amazing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm popping back to congratulate you on being a Top Three Winner at CAS Colours and Sketches challenge, Hazel! Yippie!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH, this card is phenomonial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x