Saturday 31 January 2015

CAS 4 - Day - 5 - Inking Tricks

Day 5 already!  Well, today I chose to do the 'DIY Inkpad Technique' that Laura Bassen demonstrated and the 'Ink Patterns' by JenniferR.

For the DIY inkpad, I took a number of layers of baby wipes and squeezed my Stampin' Up reinkers in Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum onto the pad of wipes. Next, I took the border stamp  from Uniko's, 'Background Builders: Squared' and stamped that a few times with the DIY inkpad, leaving a gap for the sentiment.

Next, I mounted the panel on to a base of Stampin' Up, Blackberry Bliss cardstock and cut two thin strips to border the gap I'd left for the sentiment.


Finally, I mounted the whole thing on to a card base and stamped the greeting, which was from, Clearly Besotted, 'A Little Sentimental' set in Blackberry Bliss ink.

This is my card









For the second card, I masked off the bottom portion of the card, which was going to be my grassy area, and also, cut a circle from masking paper for the sun.

Then, I sponged the background, using Distress Inks, in, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimon and then, reversed the mask and sponged the grass in Peeled Paint, I did this a little more roughly because I wanted to get a bit of texture into the grassy area.

Finally, I stamped the images and sentiment from Altenew's, 'Shadow Play' stamp set.  Here is the second card.











As always, I appreciate your visits and comments very much and will reciprocate wherever possible.  Have a wonderful weekend!  Hazel xx

7 comments:

  1. Great techniques again! That shadow play is perfect for your scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both cards are so beautiful!! The first is so artistic and pretty!! The scene on the second one is fabulous!! I love the colors!! Awesome job on both!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hazel, love that first technique! I think it made for a very unique card! I love, love the second card too, your sponging looks great and I love the extra texture you gave the grass. How fun is that stamp too, love the shadows!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inked background is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these cards are beautiful, Hazel!!! I love the great colours and the very neat stamping on the first card!! Such an lovely look achieved!! The clean looking sentiment is perfect and I love the two pearls!!!
    What great sponging on the second card, Hazel!!! I really like the shadows of the tree and the bird a LOT - looks great!!! The grass looks great and the sun is just stunning!!! This is an awesome card, Hazel!!!
    Have a great Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both...just so fun. Your first card is amazing, what a fabulous look you created. Like the shadow too, such a different look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x