Sunday 1 February 2015

CAS 4 - Day 6 “Fab with Five“

Day 6 and today's theme is “Fab with Five“— creating cards with just five key supplies!  This excludes the base cardstock and glue etc., so my choices for this card was, a die, vellum, washi tape, Perlen Pen and stamp.

First,  I used some of the washi tape to mask diagonal stripes and did Tasnim Ahmed's Masked Stripes technique by just sponging roughly some stripes, they aren't meant to be even or smooth, with Spun Sugar distress ink.

Next, I used the negative die cut piece of vellum from the Day 4 - Adding Texture  card and to attach this I used some washi tape that I was given for Christmas, I don't use washi tape much, but it was ideal for attaching this vellum!

Then I stamped the sentiment using my favourite stamp set, Altenew's, 'Label Love' and mounted that to the front of the card.  I finished it off with some blobs of Perlen Pen in, 'Pearl'.  This is my card.







I hope I will get time to do my second card, but you all know what Sunday's like, right?  As ever, thanks for visiting today, I apprecite you all very much and reciprocate where possible.  Have a great Sunday.  Hazel xx

11 comments:

  1. Such a soft, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hazel,

    Wow, you card is beautiful, it'sso soft and gentle. I love all your ideas they are brilliant, and that splash of black is perfect.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative and beautiful!! I love the pretty design!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Hazel! I love the challenge of just using 5 things, you picked some great item and wow, look at the card you made! What a fabulous idea to use washi tape to attach the vellum!! And I have to say that is pretty washi too. I also love the stripes you made with washi tape, I love them because they are perfect-just such a great look to your card. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, sift and gentle! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take on this technique, and you're right about Sunday's, whoever said they were a day of rest was not a mum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet, simple card. That washi is a great way to attach the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is gorgeous, Hazel!! I love your stunning bg and the embossed vellum - so clever to use washi tape to adhere the vellum!!! The pearls look beautiful and I love the sentiment in white on black!! Love your card, Hazel!!!
    Have a super week!!!
    Petra XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful thank you card...love the pretty in pink with just a touch of black, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x