Thursday 19 February 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #174

Today's offering is for Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #174 - A  Sketch by Cindy H  and this is the sketch.

freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/freshly-made-sketches-174-sketch-by.html

They always manage to come up with great sketches and this one is no exception.  It really makes our job a bit of a doddle!

This is my take.






First, I took my Simon Says Stamp 'Vent' die and ran it through twice on the diagonal.  Then I cut some flowers and leaves out of coloured cardstock and some vellum.  I sponged the edges of the petals and leaves to give it a little dimension.

Next, I blended some different shades of distress inks on to a strip of cardstock and mounted that behind the cut-outs for some colour and also to strengthen the top layer, where the vent die had weakend it.

I assembled everything together, stamped the sentiment and mounted the whole panel to a white base card using some fun foam for even more stability.  I finished off with a touch of my Wink Of Stella on the flower petals.

Supplies used:

Dies:  SSS, 'Vent', 'Leaf Cluster' and Lil' Inker, Flower
Sentiment:  Imagine That, 'Hello Sunshine'

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to visit today and for any comments.  I will reciprocate where possible!  have a lovely day/evening.  Hazel xx


11 comments:

  1. what a fantastic take on the sketch! the flower is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!! I love the vent die!! The flowers looks amazing!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hazel, I am loving your take on the sketch! That vent die is so cool, never saw one like that before. I love the look it gives and I love the blue you placed behind the vent cutout. Your flower is beautiful, I love the shimmer and glitter of the wink of stella, you have the flower and the leaves inked so pretty, and your "ghost" leaves are fabulous!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think my wish list just got a bit bigger! That vent die adds such great texture and is so visually interesting that I must have it! And your softly colored flowers with their bit of sparkle are beautiful and make me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches! And congratulations on being our reigning Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the vellum leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the vent die, Hazel!!! And that flower is simply stunning - love the sponging you've done and the WoS to make it even more beautiful!!! The vellum leaves are gorgeous!!! The colours you have combined looks lovely!!! Lovely card, Hazel!!!
    Have a great Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful use of that sketch and that vent die idea gives it so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card & wonderful use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were so creative with that vent die. I love the effect! You flower and vellum leaves are gorgeous, too. What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous! I love the background die you've done and your flower is so striking. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So incredible...you must have so much patience to fill in each and everyone of those little vents. Your flowers are so pretty paired with the vellum leaves, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x