Friday 6 February 2015

Happy Little Stampers - CAS Challenge - Embossing & HLS February Sketch Challenge

A 'TooFer' today ladies - Two For One - I don't know if my lovely US readers has this saying, or whether, they thought I was going mad . . . probably the latter and they are probably right!  

Anywho, I didn't have a particular design in mind when I started out to create this card, so it was actually serendipity that it happend to fit with  both of the challenges over at HLS! HLS is rapidly becoming my most favourite challenge site!

The CAS challenge can be found by clicking on this badge

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/hls-february-cas-challenge.html

And if you click on the sketch below, it will take you to the sketch challenge

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/hls-february-sketch-challenge.html

This is what I came up with.  It has all three types of embossing, embossing paste, heat embossing and dry embossing,  

First I made my own stencil cut out of acetate by using a die (sorry, another one from before I used to catalogue my supplies)

Then, I made some soft pink embossing paste with white paste and a little distress ink mixed in and spread it over my home made stencil on to a white card front and sprinkled it with irridescent embossing powder and let it air dry.  Once it was dry I heat set the irridescnt EP with my heat gun.

The next step was to run one of my SSS, 'Stitched Hillside Border' dies to make a curved, stitched edge and mounted it on to a piece of matching pink cardstock that I had run through the Craft Too, 'Bringing' EF.

I finished it off with the die-cut 'Love' word from Clearly Besotted and this is my finished card.








As always, I appreciate the time you have given to popping by and thank you all for your comments and reciprocate where possible.  Have a lovely weekend!  Hazel xx

20 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Hazel.
    Love the delicate pink. Really gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Hazel...your combination of embossings look wonderful together. The die looks very much like an Impression Obsession one I have. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love the pretty glittered stenciling~

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty. Love the pastel embossing and the curve and pink at the bottom along with the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Fabulous embossing, both of them look so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Triple embossing, that's gotta count for extra points! The beautiful, soft colors paired with the black is very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply STUNNING, Hazel!!! Great on having all the embossing combined in such a lovely way!! I love the glittery hearts and the curved line at the bottom is so striking!!! The black sentiment and pearls really pop against the white and soft pinks!!! Great card, Hazel - love it a LOT!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the sparkly hearts!! The curved border looks amazing!! I love all of the different embossing!! This is fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Hazel, this is a stunner for sure! And yes, we do know what a 'TooFer' is. lol And you did a fabulous job with this card. I love your stencil you made, it is beautiful with the shimmer and shine on it. Love the curved bottom with the pink heart embossed paper underneath it, then there is the black that just makes it all pop! Love, love, love!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love it, solo elegant and feminine. I think it is really clever of you to have used all three types of embossing and yet kept it so CAS. Gorgeous. We must have been channelling the same crafty energy today as I was playing around making my own embossy colours too.. Oh I love to play. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - your card really has style, Hazel! Can't believe you were able to use all those embossing techniques on one card. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the little cutout at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, your tinted embossing paste is amazing. The stencil you created is awesome. The little hearts peeking out under the stitched border are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel your sparkly embossed hearts look so beautiful!! Really love the embossing on the pink panel as well!! Great design!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel. This card is so pretty. I love the soft pink embossing paste you've made to create the hearts-in-heart design. Love the layout and design with the stitched, curved border and embossed tiny hearts. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my...this is just over the top amazing and I think you have sold me on this paste. I really love what you created, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Hazel,

    Just amazing and fabulous, and I love the splash of black.

    luvirene
    xxxx

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loven this gorgeous card! Great design, with the curved paper and stenciled heart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sparkly, feminine goodness. Love that you created your own stencil. I rarely have success die cutting acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, amazing card. Beautiful, delicate, elegant. Every detail well thought out.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x