Saturday 7 February 2015

Playing With Old Supplies

Lately, most of my card making has been done using new supplies, stamps, dies and everything else, because I have been going mad and purchasing all the 'latest and greatest'.  

Well today, I was trying to file my newest acquistions and was making room - who am I kidding, pushing things around trying to make it look like I have more room - I'm surely going to have to take over the second 'child's' bedroom, now they are grown and gone, I've already taken over the first (they're very small rooms though . . . honest!)

Anywho, I came across my old daisy punches in various sizes and idly punched out a few . . . well, then I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away, so I layered them up, stuck a stamen punch-out in the center, fluffed and sponged the petals, added a couple of punched-out leaves and voila, I had a daisy (I'd almost forgotten how quick and easy it was to grab a punch and have a flower just seconds later).  Of course I now had to do something with the flower I had and below is what I finished up with.

I've deliberately left it without a sentiment as I had no idea that I was going to make this card.  I will make a descision when I give it to someone at a later date.

I never did get that room looking any tidier . . . quite the reverse in fact, because you know what it's like when you disturb a pile of anything that has accumulated over time . . . it grows exponentially and you can never get that space back again!!??!!










As always, thanks for stopping by and for any comments, I truly appreciate you all and will reciprocate where possible.  Have a great weekend!  Hazel xx

14 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous!! The flower is beautiful!! I love the strip of designer paper along the bottom!! Fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to use your LNS (long neglected stuff) again? So glad you didn't throw out the punched flowers but made this wonderful card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning can always wait for another day. Crafting is so fun and I love that you found some oldies but goodies to play with. What a sweet card and you are so clever to save the sentiment for a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning card Hazel, I love the curved edge at the bottom, and stunning flowwers.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel , this is beautiful! So fun to take out the older projects ,and look ...still beautiful! Haha ,good thing the kids don't live there anymore or they might have to move out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never enough crafting space, ever! I'm eyeing my daughter's room for when she moves out and she's only eleven years old! I love your punched out daisy! The leaves and flourish give it the perfect place to rest on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That flower is really stunning!! Love the CAS style of your design with it as well! :) So glad you've used your "old supplies"!! Perhaps you can join my Flashback Friday challenge sometime if you ever get that 'fancy' to do it again?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderfully CAS this is! I love your softly colored flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to laugh at your post, cause it's just like around here. I keep buying 'new' stuff, and already have more than enough already. And no, once you disturb the pile, you can't fit all of it back there again.... Love your punch play and it netted you some awesome petals, so very pretty against this CAS card. Love the way you've made the corner bouquet with the bit of shaped dp. It's a lovely card, and just ready for a big bold sentiment die! I LOVE it! Well done. TFS & giving me a chuckle this evening. (and letting me know I'm not alone with this habit!) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my Hazel, this card is beautiful! I love that daisy and I wouldn't have been able to throw away the flowers either. lol You used great paper with this beautiful daisy! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful CAS card Hazel, I know what you mean about aquiring too much stuff too lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, I could have sworn I left a comment here, Hazel. Sometimes I read the post in my reader and then just "think" I commented!! This is so pretty and so dimensional and I love the blush of color! Happy Valentine's Day and weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty flower. I am still waiting for my first child (he's 20) to leave to take over that room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, what a beautiful daisy you've got there, Hazel!!! Great idea to take out all the old stuff, hey!!! Love the strip of patterned paper at the bottom which goes so nicely with the daisy!!! The flourish is beautiful and I love all the white space!! The texture of the white cs is great!!! Lovely card, Hazel!!!
    ...and don't I know about not having enough space for all your stuff ..lucky you to have another child's bedroom to move into!!!! ...move in before anyone tries to stop you!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x