Sunday 15 February 2015

Fingers Crossed For Today's Post

What's the meaning of today's title, I hear you ask? . . . no? . . . well I'll explain anyway.  You may, or may not, have noticed I haven't posted for a few days.  This is down to my laptop playing havoc with the internet, it's been like a stubborn toddler, dropping connections, then picking it back up again, only to drop it again once it's lulled me into a false sense of security!!

Anywho, I had better get straight to it while it's having it's afternoon nap and doesn't realise I am trying to get work done.

This post is for Freshly Made Sketches #173  Which is this sketch by Kim.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/freshly-made-sketches-173-sketch-by-kim.html

I also thought I might link it to Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge #2, which is 'Embossing'

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.ca/2015/02/hls-february-cas-challenge-reminder-1.html

I will quickly explain how I did it.  First, I masked off a panel to the right of the card and taped a stencil down to the left and used white embossing paste to emboss a border as per the FMS sketch.

Next, I stamped the Lotus Flower image onto a smaller panel and then added the sentiment along the side of that panel - this was my only slight deviation, or different interpretation of the sketch.  I finally finished off with a couple of pearls.

All supplies will be listed below the pics.  This is my card.










As always, I appreciate you taking the time to visit my little blog and I appreciate all your comments and will reciprocate where possible.

Supplies used:

Stencil - Memory Box, 'Rhapsody'
Dies - Lil' Inker, 'Stitched Rectangles'
Stamps - Stampin' Up, 'Lotus Blossom', Lil' Inker, 'All About The Ampersand'
Inks - Stampin' Up, 'Crushed Curry', 'Daffodil Delight', Memento, 'Pear Tart', 'Bamboo Leaves' and Versafine, 'Onyx Black'

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the embossing paste used as a border on the edge - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly lovely! The embossing paste down the side is such a soft lacy look behind that stunning rose. LOVE your placement of the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! From the stenciled strip to the beautiful flower to the pearls and the sentiment!
    Good luck with your laptop! So annoying when they act up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...the colors are so vibrant, and what a fun sketch! Hope your laptop starts behaving soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant Hazel. That flouring embossed design adds lots of texture and is so pretty. Love that stamp --- it's on my wish list. :) Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, this is gorgeous! i love the yellow flower and beads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous!! The flower is beautiful!! I love the texture along the side!! This is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hope your internet and computer starts playing nice with you Hazel! How frustrating that is I know! Your card is amazing!! I love the embossing paste on the side, such a beautiful design!! And of course who can resist the Lotus flower?!! I just got mine stamp set but haven't had time or energy to play with it yet. You did a fabulous job with it! I love your take on the sketch. This is one beautiful card!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embossing down the side of your card! I love that sketchy flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! The label look of the sentiment looks so good with that beautiful flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I came over to visit. Your work is wonderful. This card is absolutely GORGEOUS. I love the combination of the elegant stencil, the brush stroke flower and the block sentiment. Love your use of the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card!! Love the embossing paste on the left side and the beautiful flower!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad your laptop didn't let you down on posting this stunning card, Hazel!!! It's beautiful!! The embossed strip at the side is lovely and your flower is simply stunning!!!! I love how you have done the sentiment and the three pearls are beautiful!!!! Such a beauty, Hazel!!!!
    Have a great day and hoping that your internet problems will be sorted out soon!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. That partly embossed panel is stunning as is your gorgeous flower. I love how it just pops off the page! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Hazel!!!! Have just seen that you are the QoC for the week, my friend!!!! Big, big congrats, I loved your stunning card from the moment I saw it for the first time!!!! Wowzers and well done!!!!
    Have a great day!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being selected as the Queen of Clean at FMS, Hazel! It was well-deserved for this breathtaking card!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! This is such a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW...what a stunning card. Love your sweet yellow tulip and your embossed side panel, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x