Friday 20 February 2015

A CASE'D Card for Fun!

Today, I thought I'd do something different and CASE one of my crafting inspirations Loll Thompson of StampingWithLoll  If you click on the name, it will take you straight to her amazing blog with all her wonderful designs.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find the actual card that I CASE'd - I had seen it on Pinterest quite a while ago now - but I'd always meant to try it!  If I find it again, I will link to it.

Of course, I've changed the design a bit and my card is nowhere near as clean and beautiful as Loll's, but it was mainly the little parcles that I wanted to recreate.

So, without further ado.  Here is my card.










I have never CASE'd a card before - it always felt like 'cheating' somehow and I do not wish to offend anyone by copying their work - but I couldn't resist those sweet little parcels.

Supplies used:

Various embossing folders, bakers twine, textured cardstock,
Neenha Solar White card base
Hero Arts background stamp.
Clearly Besotted 'Happy' die and the birthday part from their 'Little Sentimental' stamp set

Thank you for taking the time to visit and for any comments.  I will always reciprocate where possible.  have a great weekend.  Hazel x

12 comments:

  1. This came out beautifully! Love how you created the background! I think CASEing is a great compliment! I also admire Loll Thompson and have pinned a ton of her cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the textured boxes!! The design is so beautiful!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love those little parcels, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Those embossed packages are adorable and the pink is so soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet card! The embossed gifts are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a huge fan of Loll's amazing work and you have really done a fantastic job with this sweet card, Hazel!!! Love your beautiful bg and those embossed parcels are so sweet!!!! The twine bows are so pretty and I love the sentiment you have done so beautifully!!!! I'm also someone who has never really CASE'd anyone - I feel the same as you about CASING!!! But I'm sure Loll would love your card, too!!!! So beautiful!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loll makes some amazing cards doesn't she Hazel?!! I adore her style. I think it is the up most flattery to CAS someone, so don't look at it as coping or cheating Hazel. I CASE'd one of Loll's cards too, never did post it, but sent it to Loll. lol It was a Christmas card. I love your take on Loll's card, it looks awesome and I too love those little packages!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card... love those cute little presents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The presents are just adorable. What a beautiful card. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel. I'm so honoured that you would CASE one of my cards ... thank you!! I love this design with the tiled panel and the pink background. So fun to match your fun little packages! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. your best by far Hazel.love the bows
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so sweet...love your party on a card and those colors are so pretty. Your gifts are wrapped just beautifully too, love that twine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x