Tuesday 17 February 2015

Fit To Burst & The CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #110

OMG!!  I can hardly believe it, when I looked through my blog reader today, I spied a familiar card . . . mine!  Kim, over at FMS has kindly chosen me as 'Queen Of Clean' this week!  Of course, I could never have made such a card without the amazing sketch that Kim produced for the challenge, so thank you Kim! 

You can see the other very worthy winners chosen by the other members of the DT HERE  Congratulations to you all ladies, all terrific entries.

Well, now to today's offering. 

This is for the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #110 and this is the sketch


http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/case-this-sketch-110.html


Now, while my laptop was playing up and I couldn't get a lot done on the internet, I 'fiddled about' - as my DH calls it - and was trying out some different techniques and products and I ended up with this card.











First, I came up with the background by inking it lightly all over and spritzing with a home made shimmer spray and then when it was dry I used a rubber stamp that I bought years ago when I first started out in card making and randomly stamped the flower using first and second generation stamping.

Next, I had just received the daisy embossing folder by Darice, which was just lying there on my desk, so I tested it by running it through my Cuttlebug and then chalked over the raised areas with some more years old supplies.

Finally I fussy cut around a couple of the daisies to use as a corner accent, mounted them in the bottom left corner and added the sentiment which was from the Clearly Besotted, 'Many Mini Messages' stamp set and added one little white gem.

As ever, thank you for taking the time to visit and for any comments, which are always appreciated.  I do reciprocate where possible.  Have a lovely week!  Hazel xx

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the FMS! I am not surprised because that card was outstanding! And today you are showing us another fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the softness of this beautiful card Hazel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautifully stamped bg you created, Hazel!!! The blues are lovely and I love the great big white flowers!!! The sentiment is lovely on the black against the light bg. This is so beautiful, Hazel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! I love your take on the sketch!! The background looks amazing!! The white flowers are fabulous!! Congrats on your win!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big congrats for being chosen the Queen of Clean Hazel!!! What an honor and one that was well deserved! Love your card! The background is fabulous, I love how you cute the embossed daisies out and used as a corner piece, looks great! And I love the black for your sentiment, it is just the right amount of black and it pops so nicely!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty...Love your beautiful blue background with those sweet white posies...so beautiful. Sure to make anyone feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty! Wonderful flowers in that mixture of blues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch and I love the colors you used on the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x