Monday 2 February 2015

CAS 4 - Day 7 - One Stamp, Three Ways

Well as the post title states this last day of the CAS 4 course is about using one stamp in three different ways.  So, as this post will be fairly long, I will get right to it!

For all of the cards I use WPlus9's 'Whole Lotta' Happy' and I used the heart shaped balloon from the set.

First up, is a card that was based on Jennifer McGuire's 'Pop Up Multi Embossing' technique.  I used the stamp 'straight' so to speak for this one.

The first thing involved, was to stamp and emboss the sentiment on to a card front, I used one of the sentiments from the set and heat embossed with WOW  'Platinum' embossing powder, the next step was to stamp the balloon on to a scrap of card and stamp part of the sentiment again across the front of the balloon and then heat emboss that with a different colour powder and for this, I just chose to do it in white.

Next, I fussy cut the balloon - as I didn't want a white border, which I would have got if I used the dies - then I mounted the balloon on foam tape and lined it up with the sentiment on the card front.

Finally, I took the ink pad directly to the edge of the card base to colour match it with the balloon, this was done in Simon Says Stamp, 'Schoolhouse Red'  and stamped the balloon string.   The finishing touches were a few shapes from a Winnie and Walter stamp set.  This is the first card.





The second card was using Kristina Werner's 'Repeated Pattern Background' technique, in which you take the same stamp and use it for a pattern.  For this one, I double inked the balloon with two red colours, Hero Arts Shadow Inks in 'Red Royal' and 'Pale Tomato', but before stamping I wiped the little 'endy bit' . . . what do you call it . . . with a cloth so I just had a heart, instead of a heart shaped balloon.  I stamped that repeatedly in rows across the bottom portion of the card and filled in some gaps with the star image from the set in Hero Arts Shadow Ink, in 'Butter Bar'.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from Altenew's, 'Label Love' stamp set and cut it out into a little banner and added that to the front of the card on foam tape, to give it a little lift.  I also added some drops from a black Perlen Pen.  This is the second card.










 
For the third and last card, I chose to do Julie Ebersole's, 'Clever Use Of Stamps' and for this I marked the center of the card with a pencil and multi inked the stamp again, this time using Colorbox Pigment Inks in 'Marigold' and 'Orange' and stamped it three more times to form a flower, then I stamped a circle in the center with Colorbox, 'Scarlet'.  I finished this card with one of the sentiments from the same stamp set and a die cut, also from the same set and here is the finished card.











After all this work I think I'd like to enter these into a couple of challenges.  These are,  CASology - Week 131 - Birthday and Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

If you have stayed with me up until now, I marvel in your patience and thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I appreciate all your comments and will reciprocate where possible!  have a great week!  Hazel xx

20 comments:

  1. These cards are amazing, Hazel! I love that you made the balloon stamp into a flower for the last card - so unique! Good luck in the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Hazel, all three of them.
    They are equally beautiful. Hugs, Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, but I have to say that I really love the flower on the last card. So clever and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful group of cards, and you are such a good student. Love the birthday card you made for CASology. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, you have really been working it!! I love all the cards you have made at stamp class!! You are learning lots of new techniques for all the new challenges that are starting!! Have you seen the new one at Stamplorations?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, these are all amazing!! I love the idea of the different embossing powders on the first card - looks great!!! Love the little stars and the border on the side, too!!
    On the second and third cards you were really clever to use your stamp as a heart!!! I love the three black pen dots on the second card and the sentiment in white on black. Again the border on the side is lovely!!!
    I have to say the third card is my fave!!! Brilliant use of stamp and colour!!!! The sentiment looks stunning - love the happy, happy!!!!
    These are really awesome cards, Hazel!!! Love them!!!!

    Have a lovely day!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work Hazel, I am so impressed with how you made all these cards so different, your shading is especially awesome and that flower looks like it's jumping off the page. Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with all three techniques! I love the look of the two tone stamping on the pattern and the flower, and the popped up technique is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous job with all 3 techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, they are all three amazing!! I love the techniques you used!! The flower on the third one looks amazing!! Love these!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, you shared three very fun cards here! I love your birthday card...so glad you joined in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hard to believe you made all these beautiful and different cards with the same stamp! I am particularly impressed by the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Hazel!! I love your balloon on that tall string. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all fantastic!! I really love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cards. The one with the embossing looks so clever and I love the flower with the hearts. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all amazing cards! So much style in each one. You are one talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh Hazel, all three of these cards are amazing!! I love them all and such cool techniques that now I gotta try to do. lol If I don't forget, cause I have this problem of forgetting after looking at all these lovely cards. You know you go to do something, and then you see something else to do so you do that but then see something else and so on?! Yeah, you were busy all day but didn't get a thing done, that's me at times! lol Seriously though, these cards are amazing and I am totally in love with them. I especially love the heart made into a flower, that is just so cute! You did a great job Hazel with all these techniques!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have really dazzled me with your three cards using the same fun image, Hazel!! I love doing that exercise and seeing how differently they look. Here, each one of your designs and your execution are really spectacular!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful collection Hazel!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful card at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous collection! Thanks for adding the birthday card to Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x