Wednesday 18 February 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #110

My second post today!  This is for another attempt at the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge #110  I wasn't over the moon with the first one.

This is the sketch

http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/case-this-sketch-110.html

I seem to be on a yellow kick at the moment, as I used two shades of yellow again for this card.  I used a Clearsnap stencil, with Colorbox, 'Canary' and 'Marigold' inks and sponged them through the stencil.

I finished off this CAS design with a sentiment from Altenew, 'Shadow Play' stamp set embossed on to black cardstock.  Then I added a gem to finish.









I was happier with this one!  I want to thank you for taking the time to visit today - especially if it's your second visit - and for any comments you might leave.  You are all truly appreciated and I will reciprocate wherever possible.  Have a good week!  Hazel xx

14 comments:

  1. Hazel, this has most definitely added sunshine to my day!!! So pretty... thanks for second helpings at CTS!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh, I love this!! The flower is so beautiful!! I love the black against the yellow - it makes the sentiment pop!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shading of the colors on the flower, Hazel! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and fun card Hazel! Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great take on the sketch Hazel! I love how bright and cheerful this card is and I love that big flower! Your sentiment on the black is perfect and I love how it pops!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sunny card took my breath away! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning, Hazel!!! Love the beautiful bright yellow flower and the embossed sentiment on the black is just perfection!!!! The single rhinestone adds such a lovely finishing touch!!! A winner in my books, Hazel!!!
    Have a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful bloom, full of sunshine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Hazel!
    Thanks for joining us at CTS !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards for the sketch are wonderful! I love this giant bloom and the bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should be happy--this is a stunner, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the drama you created with the large flower image, simple design and bold colors. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with Greta...this is a stunning card. So bright and beautiful. Love that bold yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x