Wednesday 28 January 2015

CAS 4 - Day 2 - DIY Stamp

I managed to get one more card done for Day 2 of the CAS 4 course and this time, it was DIY stamps, by Shari Caroll.

First I cut my Memory Box, 'Chloe Stem' die out of white fun foam and mounted it on to my acrylic block with temporary adhesive . . . which on fun foam, wasn't as nearly temporary as when it is on smooth cardstock!  Then I coated it with Memento, 'Rich Cocoa' and stamped it on a panel of, Stampin' Up, 'Natural' cardstock.

Next, I took the 'stamp' off the block and adhered it to my card layer and then stamped my greeting from the Simon Says Stamp, 'Friendship Sayings' and layered it on to a strip of chocolate brown cardstock and a panel of patterned paper.

Finally, I mounted the finished panel on to a natural card base and added a few homemade sequins and glitter 'gems' (glitter glue).

By now, I had nearly lost all light, so I only have the full cards, no detail shots, as the pictures were very poor.





Thanks as usual, for popping by and for any comments, I really appreciate it!  have a great day/evening.  Hazel xx

12 comments:

  1. Love how this looks! Have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone else used the fun foam to stamp with, I didn't know that would work! But I am loving how your card turned out! One day I will jump on the bandwagon and give this a try. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing!! The Chloe die is one of my favorites!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a clever idea! Your "stamp" and the foam die cut turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea - and your card is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool technique - with very impressive results! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply gorgeous Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hazel,

    Your card is amazing and beautiful.
    I love the double stamping of the die
    especially the use of foamstamp.

    Stay safe and warm

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Chloe stem is my all time fav die and your card is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, your card looks so elegant!

    Yesterday I made some foam-stamps too (also the Cloe stem and some more), they will get to know ink today. :-)
    Greetings from a classmate in OCC-CAS4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty, Hazel!!!! Lovely elegant look and I really like how you've done the matting of the stamped panel!!!! The sentiment looks beautiful and I like the little bit of sparkle of the homemade sequins and the glitter glue!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card and I love your amazing flower. What a sweet and kind way to send hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x