Sunday 4 January 2015

More NBUS For Challenge #3

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Darnell, over at djkardkreations has really started my ball rolling, with her NBUS challenge #3 to be found here


http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/01/happy-new-year-2015-nbus-challenge-3.html

For those of you who do not know Darnell, or what NBUS means, you must be new on the blogging scene!

Darnell is a fabulous, helpful and giving blogger who makes the most amazing cards.  NBUS is her acronym for Never Before Used Schtuff - which speaks for itself - I know that most of you, if not all of you, have purchaased stuff and never got round to using it, just like me.

Anywho, this challenge of Darnell's just gave me the kick up the rear that I needed to get out of the Christmas shlump and encourage me to use some of that NBUS - which, believe me when I say, even if I made a card every day from these hidden gems, I still wouldn't catch up by this Christmas coming!

This card's NBUS supplies were the Penny Black 'Bashful' die and the My Favorite Things, 'Simply Fabulous Sayings' stamp set.

This is the card



The light was too poor to do a detail shot today.  Thanks for taking the time to drop by, I appreciate all your visits and comments and will reciprocate!  Have a great day,  Hazel x

21 comments:

  1. Hello Hazel,

    Your card is stunning and I just love the background colours, the little dots are perfect and remind me of droplets of rain on the flower.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background Hazel ... the colours are so pretty together. And your little drops look pearly - so pretty! Beautiful die-cut that is perfect done in white so it pops against all the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful bright background. Love the little drops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, pretty punch Penny Black. It's on my wish list, but I have not soon will be with me:-(. The beautiful background, I love the work of water on watercolor. I'm always delights and surprises.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel,
    what a wonderful, bright and lovely card to cheer up a very drab day here in the South of England.
    Sounds like it's a bit the same where you are.
    Great and fab designing too.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my work.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, Hazel! This is my first visit to your blog and I love what I have seen! Just started following you on Bloglovin'. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful background! Amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Amazing background on this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very pretty! I really like the colourful background and the gorgeous PB die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a warm comment. In coming over to thank you (THANK YOU!!), my goodness: I've discovered a gorgeous gem! Your card is stunning, you've really let the pretty 'bashful' flower shine, set against your gorgeous background. I'm in awe!! Wow!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so fabulous. I adore the background you created, and the wite looks so striking against it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your sweet shoutout and kind words, Hazel! I'm delighted that I got your mojo juice flowing after the holidays with this gorgeous card and I really appreciate that you entered it in my third NBUS Challenge!

    Is your background sponged or watercolored? If it's watercolored, you should also enter it in the Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge. Let me know if you need the website info. I see you doing a great job of visiting blogs and leaving wonderful comments, so you probably know about it. Okay, now get back there and get going on your entry #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful background in contrast to your white flower. Love it, Hazel!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is lovely and I love the beautiful colors! So simple and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful mix of colors, Hazel! I love the shimmery droplets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another pretty card! Love that stamp"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Hazel, this card is amazing!! I love that watercolored background-so vivid, so beautiful! Love the flower and love, love the embossed sentiment. Your pretty blue frame is just perfect to make this beauty stand out! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the rainbow of colors on the background. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That background is just stunning, Hazel--love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your lovely comment. Your card is awesome - such a stunning background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty with that colorful background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x