Friday 30 January 2015

CAS 4 - Day 4 - Adding Texture - Card #2

Right . . . I managed to get card number two finished, just before the last of the daylight disappeared!  I had chosen to try Jocelyn Olson's 'Embossing Paste' technique, which calls for two layers of embossing, one on top of the other, with two different stencils.

First, I added a bit of watercolour to both corners of the card using cheap watercolours and had to let that dry.  Next, I took the Simon Says Stamp, 'Dots and Lines' stencil and embossed the first layer onto the background, then had to let that dry.

Once dry, I took the Hero Arts, 'Leaf and Flourish' stencil and just embossed part of the design in each coloured corner and, you guessed it, had to leave that to dry . . . are you beginning to see, why I had to post these separately and nearly lost the light?

Once that was dry, I cut two leaf stems (sorry, can't remember who they are by) out of vellum and stuck one in each corner.

I finished the whole thing off with another My Favorite Things, 'Happy' die and the Altenew, Label Love, stamp set - only using the birthday part this time - finishing with a sprinkle of sequins.







Thank you again for taking the time to stop by and for leaving messages, I appreciate you all and try to reciprocate where possible.  Have a great evening/ day.  Hazel xx

10 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! All of the texture is amazing!! I love the touch of color on the corners!! Beautiful card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card and wonderful colors - i think the leaf die cut is from provocraft (at least that's what mine says on the die).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now Hazel, you have me wanting to get out the embossing paste and make a card! lol This turned out stunning! I didn't know you could emboss over embossing past. lol I love the look and I love the water color in the corners. This is a great card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, you nailed this card. It is simply beautiful! There have to be some contests you can enter it in because it is a winner for me~

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is really looking so good, Hazel!!!! Can't remember that I've seen this technique used before!!! It looks beautiful!!! Love the watercolouring of the corners and your sentiment is lovely!!! The vellum and the sequins just add to the loveliness!!! Great card, Hazel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Hazel. Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the corner water color that really draws the eye to the double embossing. Uh! drying time means I have to go do something like the dishes or laundry. Boo to drying time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful details...the vellum, embossing and so much more, makes for a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x