Saturday 3 January 2015

A New Challenge - Happy Little Stampers CAS #1 - Watercolour

Well, a new year has started - I don't have a clue where the old one went, it moved so fast - and I have found a brand new challenge!  It is over at Happy Little Stampers  and their first chalenge is a CAS challenge and it calls for some watercolour in it somewhere

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/hls-january-cas-challenge.html

I just had to give this brand new challenge a go (they have run a regular sketch challenge for some time), but this CAS challenge is new to them.

This card was an organic affair, I started off with no idea as to what I was going to do (story of my life), so, I made my watercolour piece first, I just used some cheap watercolour paints, and let that dry.

Next, I cut a strip out the height of the card and also cut two panels of textured white cardstock.  I then stuck the watercoloured strip straight down on to my card base and mounted the two textured panels on to some thin, foam tape, as I wanted a bit of height to emphasize the watercolour strip.

I finished it off with a black banner greeting and three little enamel accent dots, by Ranger.

Here is the card






Thanks for taking the time to visit today and I appreciate all your comments and will reciprocate.

Have a crafty weekend.   Hazel x

16 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty watercoloured strip and your overall card is LUSH!

    Are you on the HLS forum too?

    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection, your watercolour panel is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pop of water coloring! Looks fabulous with all that gorgeous white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so well done Hazel, not the easiest task to do, beautiful.
    Greetings, Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so well done Hazel, not the easiest task to do, beautiful.
    Greetings, Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, thanks for your comment ... I believe I recently changed my settings so people could contact me so not sure what went awry there - sorry!

    HLS forum may be found ...
    http://happylittlestampers.com/forum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel. Wow! That watercoloured strip is so pretty and I love the layout and design you've used to highlight it. Perfect with all that gorgeous white space and the added texture. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So love that watercolored strip peeking out behind all the white! Such a fabulous design, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the white space with that beautiful watercoloring peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the CAS style card, the first card is stunning in its simplicity. I love these colors. Great composition. Jadnocześnie very jealous of stamps Persian Motifs. I have not had the disease for a long time, in Poland are not available, for the import from the USA collecting money : - (((
    Happy new year
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool layers and textures, Hazel! Love the black dots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. To me, this is jaw dropping. Hazel, I love it! Wow - the watercoloured panel is beautiful on this perfectly CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantasic cas card, stylish look with the watercolor stripe and the black dots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzer, Hazel! What a unique & gorgeous card! You've inspired me to make some watercolor backgrounds & see what I can make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel thanks for your lovely words on my last post..I visiting you back and see how amazing this CAS card I love the design and the black strip is a great add..awesome card.hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, this is so stunning! I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x