Tuesday 20 January 2015

Yet More NBUS For CAS.ology - That I Missed :(

The past couple of weeks have been great because I have had the kick up the rear needed to use stuff that I had purchased and then not got around to using, or in some cases - ahem, quite a lot of cases - forgot I even had . . . which also meant I discovered quite a few 'duplicate' purchases!

The impetus was the terrfic challenge over at Darnell's blog HERE . . . and if any of you don't know, although I would be amazed if you didn't, Darnell was the one resposible for the acronym NBUS, standing for, Never Before Used Schtuff!

Then came  CAS.ology Week 129 - NBUS Challenge   and I was off!

This time it was the turn of the Memory Box, 'Chloe Stem' die that was the star of the show.  I cut it out of gold foil and white cardstock and then inlaid the gold die cut into the negative space of the white panel.  To finish off I adhered two strips of striped paper that I made with a MFT background stamp and mounted the inlaid panel on top, finishing off with a sprinkle of gold sequins.  Then, when I went to post it for the challenge, I found I'd missed it . . . oh, well, never mind!  Here it is anyway!





Thank you for taking the time to stop by and I appreciate any comments you may have and will reciprocate where possible.  Have a great crafty day/evening.  Hazel x

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card!! The Chloe stem looks amazing in gold!! I love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of this die that I also love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another masterpiece! I love the black lined paper that you made (You are so talented) on both sides. Love the Memory Box dandylion. The gold sequins are perfect to make it look like little dandylion seeds floating through the air!! You are still good for NBUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Hazel. You are so great in doing CAS cards.
    Gr Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is beautiful card Hazel! I love the flower in gold like that, so rich looking!! The sequins finish it off perfectly and I love your borders on each side. Sorry you missed the challenge, but glad you shared the card anyway! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I've got the Chloe Stem die and have never used it - so maybe I need a kick up the rear too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Hazel this is absolutely stunning, I love it!!

    I seem to be bad at catching challenges too.eg Christmas tree stamped last week for NBUS and reckon I'll get them done just as its closed. :) still all good as have used it...

    Methinks I should try to do one of these with one of my dies. :)
    Only thing I double up on is tape or cardstock. Never dies or stamps that I can recall. Thankfully. :)
    Shaz in Oz.x ♡ ♡
    PS thanks for popping over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it so disappointing when you work hard out to make a card, only to find the challenge has finished?? I've done that quite a few times which is frustrating. I just love your card, the embossed flower is gorgeous. And really like the border strips you made for each side. Another brilliant design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the die cut in gold, Hazel! Fab CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this MB Chloe on several cards as I've been doing some much needed 'catchup'. Don't think I've seen used so stunningly as what you've done with it on this beautiful card. I can just bet it was a bit fiddly to inlay the positive with the scant stems and using the gold foil, which is delicate too, and you've done an outstanding job - this is just beautiful and sparkles so much. That black striping added so much drams to the gold and I love the gold sequins. I never really know how to place those. Gorgeous card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to say, I manage to have duplicates all the time. Guess cause I like a product so much, and have such a poor memory. (Or else I need it, can't find mine, buy it again, and then find #1!). Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this flower once again! Stunning in the gold.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x