Saturday 24 January 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS - Watercolour Challenge - Take 5!!

I am having such a ball with all this watercolouring, I thought I would give something a little more 'structured' a go.  I have never been very good at colouring things, whether it be, pencils, watercolour paints or markers, so I decided to have a practice and use the resulting card for the Happy Little Stampers CAS - Watercolour Challenge

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/hls-january-cas-challenge-reminder-3.html


I had watched numerous videos on You Tube on how to use watercolours for colouring and decided that the easiest method for me, was to heat emboss the image first, in order for it to 'contain' the paint, as it seems that watercolours have a mind of their own . . . nothing wrong with that, I admire independence, but I wanted to 'control' it . . . call me a control freak if you like, but I make no apologies for it! 

Anywho, first I stamped, the image with versamark on to watercolour card, then I heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next, I wet the card with water and set to work.  The end result wasn't as lovely as I have seen it done elsewhere, by all these very talented folk who can do amazing things with paints, pencils and markers, but for me, I didn't think it wasn't too shabby.

Finally I mounted it on to some natural cardstock, stamped a greeting and added a few splashes of paint to give it that authentic watercolour look.  This is the end result.  All supplies are listed below.








Supplies used:

Cardstock - Stampin' Up, 'Natural' & watercolour cardstock.
Stamps - Clearly Besotted, 'Fresh Flowers' and Mama Elephant, 'Everyday Greetings'
Paints - Peerless Watercolours

Thank you for taking the time to visit and I appreciate all you lovely people who leave comments and I try to reciprocate, where possible.  have a good weekend.  Hazel x

25 comments:

  1. Hello Hazel, Your card is absolutely beautiful, I love the simplicity of the design, to whie emboss first and your stunning colouring. The addition of the paint dots are just brilliant.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Hazel. Your watercolouring looks perfect on the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's nothing wrong with your watercoloring - looks fantastic to me - i pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful and I love your little splatters too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! You did a perfect job watercoloring it!! I love the splatters, too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Hazel, absolutely nothing wrong with your water colouring, well done.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Hazel, great job. I love the colours you chose and the blending is a job well done. I really like the splatters to and the sentiment is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel, I love the light and dark in the flowers. The splatters give it movement and the sentiment is very nice. I think you have a winner here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely beautiful. Looks like you're whole life painting with watercolors. The colors create a beautiful, ethereal image. The choice of colors is also phenomenal.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Hazel! As pretty as any I've seen! Hope to see more watercolor from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, again I have no socks on but you would have blown them off if I did..... This is AMAZING, Hazel. The beauty of the watercolours is that they have a mind of their own creating something unique each time. This is truly beautiful and should be in a frame!!! Did you hear my happy sigh?? Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Hazel, I think this turned out beautiful!!! I love how you painted those beautiful flowers. You have wonderful shading with your watercolors. I love your splashes too and your sentiment perfect because you did it and you did it good!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! I love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! The loose and flowing look of the watercoloring really suits this image and your background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hallo Hazel,
    thank you that you want to watch my blog. You're very nice. I I follow you from the moment when I found your blog.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hazel, your watercolouring looks FABULOUS!!!! (I have to give this a try at some stage!!!) Your flowers look so pretty I want to reach out and touch them!! Love that you have kept your card CAS to have all the attention on the pretty flowers!! The ink splatter and the natural card base is perfect!! Very pretty, Hazel!!!

    Have a lovely Sunday afternoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card and watercolouring Hazel. I love the beautiful flowers too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such delicate painted flowers, just beautiful and the paint spatter is just the right amount!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really, really beautiful card, Hazel! I think water colouring is wonderful because you can't really go wrong. You've done an amazing piece of work here Kx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in awe of your water coloring and how you brought those flowers to life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is beautiful... very delicate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful card and love the water coloring you did on this flower image. Makes me want to pull out my water colors and play also..just need extra play time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hazel, you have really embraced watercolouring. This is gorgeous!! I love the softness of the image with the white embossing and soft colours. So beautiful. Thanks again for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty...looks like you just picked those flowers from your garden, just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x