Friday 30 January 2015

CAS 4 - Day 4 - Adding Texture

Well. today, as the post title says, it is Day 4 of the CAS 4 course and it is about adding texture.  My card posts are going to have to be separated today as, while I type this, card number two is drying.  So for card one I chose to do Yana's, 'Faux Embossing' technique.  Both of  today's techniques are a bit fiddly, but worth it.

First I die cut a load of flowers and leaves with the Creative Expressions, 'Cornelia' Die set, it has a great number of dies in this set of varying sizes, so it made cutting them out quicker - I only had to do two passes through my cutting machine rather than a load.

Next, I laid them out roughly where I wanted them on the card front - without sticking them down - just to get an idea of the layout, it was only when I was happy with the layout that I started to stick them down one by one - at one stage I forgot that I was in the process of sticking them down, and when I got a piece of debris on it, I . . . blew on it to remove the debris and, . . . yes, die cuts flew like confetti on a windy day, Duh!!  The worst of it was, I didn't learn from that mistake and did it again a bit later on!!!

Next, I die cut a My Favorite Things, 'Happy' die and mounted that on to the front of the card, stamped Altenew 'Label Love' happy birthday on a piece of scrap card and cut it into a banner shape and mounted that underneath the 'Happy' word, with foam tape in the middle and a glue dot each end, to give it 'movement'.

I finished the card off by cutting a layered flower from 'Cottage Cuts' and gave the inside corner the same treatment as the front of the card.

Here are the pictures











Right, I'm off to see if card number two is dry yet, and thank you for taking the time to visit and leave comments, as it makes my day, I will of course reciprocate where possible!  have a great day!  Hazel xx

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of work but the result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous texture from that technique! No fun to blow away your own bits, no one to yell at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I miss this one Hazel, but I sure do love it! I had to laugh when you said you blew away some debris and blew all your die cuts off. That is something that I would have definitely done!! It looks as if it is embossed, so I can see how easy it would be to do that. Gorgeous card Hazel!! I will be CASEing this one! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...just love it! All the beautiful white and those sweet posies, just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x