Wednesday 28 January 2015

Mind The Gap

Well today, I have managed to make a start on the new online card class CAS4 . . . finally.  Anyway, I'd better get to it, otherwise I will get behind again! 

 There were three wonderful techniques, by three of my favourite designers, Kristina Werner, Debby Hughes and Shari Caroll.  Jennifer McGuire, another of my favourite designers is also on the DT, but not today.

Anywho, I chose to do Kristina's technique because, it included ink blending and I'm not very good at that so I thought it would encourage me to practice.  The technique was called, 'Gap Die Cutting'.

 I originally was going to use the Mama Elephant, 'So Breezy' stamp set, but I discovered I have lost the kite!  I can't imagine how it has happened because I've not even had chance to use it yet . . . most irritating!  It is almost like it never came with it in the first place, is that even possible?  Well, I suppose I'd better 'move on' as they say, and 'get over it'.

This is was my attempt, you will see by the sponge marks on the bottom, that it is not perfect, but it's better than some of my attempts in the past.  All supplies will be listed below the pics.










Supplies used:

Stamps: Lawn Fawn, 'Hello Sunshie' and Mama Elephant, 'Sunny Skies'
Inks For Blending:  Distress Inks, 'Barn Door', 'Ripe Persimon', 'Spiced Marmalade' & 'Scattered Straw'
Ink For Sun: Memento, 'Dandelion'

For those who wished my mother a Happy Birthday I would like to thank you all on her behalf, she was thrilled to think that people she had never even met and who lived on the other side of the world cared enough to wish her well!

As always, thank you for visiting and leaving your comments, I will reciprocate where possible!  have a good day/evening.  Hazel xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This card is amazing! You did it great Hazel!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes my happy to look at your sunny card :)
    You should deffinitely join the Inkspirational Challenges with your card for the current theme "Ombre".
    http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.dk/2015/01/challenge-74-designers-choice-ombre.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a beautiful card! The sunny colors and interesting design really make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hazel, this turned out so fabulous! I love the colors you inked with and I'm not sure why you think you need to practice because it is looking pretty darn good to me! I adore this card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous!! That's a great technique and you used the perfect stamps to showcase it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job on the inking Hazel. Your card is gorgeous. Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your beautiful card! It is just wonderful! Great job on the class techniques! Hope you have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love your happy, sunny card! And I think the sponging looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love your card! The colors are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Hazel, I love the bright oranges and you did a great job with the blending xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sponging looks GREAT, Hazel and I love the beautiful colours you have used!!!! What a lovely card!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a card, really this is just amazing. Your inking is perfect, would you mind coming over and helping me with mine? You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x