Wednesday 7 January 2015

A Couple Of One Layer Cards

Today, I had to go for a root canal, I'd had it done once, but it didn't work, so I had to have it redone.  I will be glad when it's all over and done with, it started two years ago . . . yes, that's right . . . two loooong years!

Anyway, that is not what todays post is all about.  

As I knew that I would be at the hospital for quite some time, I decided to make a couple of quick, one layer cards.  

One of them, I think, qualifies for the Happy Little Stampers CAS #1 Challenge

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/hls-january-cas-challenge.html

First I did a watercolour acylic block stamping technique as a background piece and let that dry, then I stamped my image and greeting in Versafine Black Onyx and ran it through the Cuttlebug, with my trusty Papertrey Ink EP.  I finished it off with a couple of  black dots.  I hope that this still qualifies as CAS.







The second card was just a quick stamping, I had just opened a brand new (to me) Altenew stamp set, and I loved the look of it, so I just had to use it to try it out.

First, I stamped the outline image, this is a two-step stamp set, and at first, I didn't even try to line up the solid images with the outlines, going for a more 'loose look' to it, but then thought it just looked a bit 'naff', so lined the other solid images up properly.

It looked a bit 'naked' so I added some ink splashes and a couple of red gems, to give it a more 'finished' look.  I'm not entering this one in the above challenge as I didn't do any watercolouring.







And here they are together


As always, thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments, and reciprocate, where possible.

Have a lovely day/evening.  Hazel x

25 comments:

  1. Oh your cards are so bright and beautiful Hazel! Lovely work! I just had a root canal redone last week! Mine's been going on for about 4 months now, not so bad compared to 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hazel

    Two beautiful and stunning cards. I love the technique of your first card, and the fabulous flower in your second.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your one layer cards Hazel. Very beautiful.
    Gr Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your one layer cards..I find them so hard to do! Hope this time your root canal works..that's NO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the acrylic block painted background and the texture you got with the embossing plate. The poppy is gorgeous too! Bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous cards, love the acrylic block water colour effect on the first and the bright splashes of colour of the second

    Hope you make a better recover from this surgery and that it is successful this time around

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain Hazel, getting root canals isn't fun anytime, but having one take 2 years is just nuts! Sorry you are having to go through that. Your cards a beautiful though! I love your watercoloring on the first one, the colors are just beautiful. I love the stamping and embossing too and yes, it is a great CAS card. Your second card is just as gorgeous and you have me longing for summer, especially this brutally cold night we are having. Love that flower and the splashes of ink and of course the red gems, just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful Hazel!! I think the watercolor block effect is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you recover quickly & don't have too much discomfort, Hazel. Your cards are wonderful! The first card is over the top gorgeous--gotta case it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel. Two gorgeous designs. LOVE the acrylic block technique used on your first card ... paired with the pretty silhouette stamp --- awesome! Great texture too! The second card is bold and beautiful with the luscious red and green. The splatters really do make it special - great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Happy Little Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm LOVING the acrylic block technique - one of my favourites! The colours are so vibrant. You are really rocking this watercolouring bizzo! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, bright and cheery, good way to start my day! Your NBUS cards are fabulous too. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Thanks for your sweet comments on my coffee card. I am your newest follower. Take care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are gorgeous! I love the added splotches on the second card....so smart to add them!
    Good luck with your teeth. That is a long time ,I have a few issues with mine too. Hope it works this time,Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your cards are fabulous, Hazel! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog(paperpanacea) and leaving such a kind comment. I will now be visiting your blog often!! You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about the root canal issues. Hope it all gets better now. Love both of these cards - CAS but artsy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all beautiful. Love them all, and thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous cards Hazel, love both equally!Boo hoo about the root canal treatment, poor you, I hope it's all finished now ! hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both the cards are so pretty! Love the acrylic block prints against the texture background. And thank you for leaving love on my blog.
    http://periwinkle-creations.blogspot.in/

    Neha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hullo there Hazel,
    A great creative space today, just adore these two CAS cards - great stamping! Thanks so much for popping over :D
    Shaz in Oz.x
    PS joined your beautiful blog too :D

    {Shaz in Oz – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how beautiful are your cards! I love the way you capture the white space and make your cards simply elegant! The thank you card is so delicate and beautiful. You have chosen perfect colors and added perfect embellishments. As i tell Becca when I see cards I really like...you should send me those cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. two wonderful cards, Hazel - especially love the first one - thanks for your comment on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Hazel, I love the colours in your first one, thanks for your visit too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous artsy CAS style cards, I love them both. Your other designs in previous posts are also beautiful. Thanks for stopping in at my blog, it's appreciated, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of your cards are so sweet and lovely. You really have a way with flowers, just gorgeous Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, two beautiful cards, Hazel!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x