Saturday 28 November 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #214 - Take Two

Today I have another card for Freshly Made Sketches #214 - A Sketch by Jen T and in case you didn't see the sketch yesterday, this is it.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/freshly-made-sketches-214-sketch-by-jen.html?
I stayed a little truer to the sketch today, but altered the placement of the elements a touch to suit the plan I had in mind for the card.

First, I used a Martha Stewart punch to punch out the snowflake, then I spread, Sparkle Medium over my trusty SSS Falling Snow stencil (I'm getting a lot of use out of those two items this year), then I left it to dry.

Whilst it was drying, I punched the snowflake out again, but this time out of SU Glimmer paper.  When it was dry, I adhered a piece of blue foil card behind the aperture and adhered the front panel to a card base.

Next, I stuck the glitter snowflake back in the void and popped the 'outer bits?' (I know that doesn't sound right, but I don't know what you would call them) up with tiny slivers of foam tape for a little dimension and to allow the foil card to peep out.

Finally I finished off with a layered sentiment banner to match the rest of the card.  Here it is.





 
Well, my lovelies, I think that will be me for the weekend now, as I am very behind with my Christmas cards and still need to make a ton . . . where has this year gone, I'd like to know?

I hope you all have a great weekend . . . ours is very wet and very windy - I could say something here, but I won't ;)   Hazel xx

21 comments:

  1. Hello Hazel. LOVING the blue peeping through from behind that snowflake.
    Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Hazel and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hazel - i didn't know what sparkle medium was and found it is only available in the UK - as i will be there over the christmas holidays i was wondering which color you used - clear?? is it easy to work with? you may email me an answer at ejkeefe at me dot com - thanks, betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have replied via email Betty, but for anyone else reading this, it is, 'Diamond' . . . and that's how it sparkles . . . like diamonds!

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely Hazel. I like the way you've put the blue foil behind and the gem in the centre to match. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the sparkly background and the snowflake!! The touches of blue are fabulous!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so beautiful Hazel, I love the glimmer paste the big gorgeous snowflake with that
    beautiful blue brad in the middle. Just perfect.
    Hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again another superb card with mostly white. I'm also loving all the use you're getting out of sparkle medium and the falling snow stencil - :) I love the blue behind the snowflake - adds even more dimension to it. Weather is truly awful here in West Yorkshire. Am glad I'm cosy in my craft room reading all your lovely blogs!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel, you are the queen of clean~ I love your snowflake card and the snowdust background. The way you did the sentiment is so nice, and it makes it stark and it pops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I have more snowflakes for you if you need examples but they are much colder!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! Love all the sparkle and the blue foil behind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! I love that snowflake and the beautiful sparkle in the background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! The sparkle is fabulous and I love the blue peeking through! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear Hazel,
    Your card is beautiful CAS. Image with zoom show how beautiful are the details. So little and doing so much. Wonderful card.
    I have a nice Sunday afternoon.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a nice CAS sketch that allows the beauty of the other elements to shine. The white snowflake & embossing would have been so pretty in itself, but adding in the cool touch of the blue shimmer, really outstanding. A pretty MS punch too. Do I have that one? Must check!!! Hugs & TFS. (oh yes, I do like the way you did the sentiment too. Is that a tape or stamping on black? Very effective with the white).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look of this. That blue foil that is peeking out from underneath your snowflake--just a brilliant look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning make, crisp and fresh

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the soft blue peeking from underneath the sparkly snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderfully full of sparkle and I love it! The hint of blue behind the snowflake is a great look. And there's that sparkle medium again! I think I'm going to love that as much as I love my Wink of Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just fabulous again Hazel ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card...love your sweet snowflake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x