Wednesday 4 November 2015

Muse Challenge #140 & A 'Stash Card'


Hello all you lovelies out in blogland.  Today - well last night, to be honest - I made this card for the Muse Challenge #140  and the Muse was supplied by the very talented Ardyth Percy-Robb and this is her fun card

http://ardythpr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/muse-140.html

I was inspired by the black and white design with the eye catching pop of red, so this is what I came up with.









First I cut the front panel with one of Mama Elephant's 'Trio Landscape' die, spread some Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste through Simon Says Stamp 'Dots & Stripe' stencil and while it was drying I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts 'Peace Poinsettias' stamp set and die-cut the Poinsettia with a Marianne Dies Poinsettia die set, used an embossing tool to give it some  dimension and sponged with some Versafine Cardinal Red ink to add some shading and then made it up.

When the embossed piece was dry, I assembled the whole thing and finished off with some WOS on the Poinsettia and some black Stickles to the centre and three dots of it to balance the design!

While I had my supplies out and had a card cover die just arrive, I made up a second card (not for the challenge, just for my Christmas stash)  and this is it.









Thank you all for visiting and for all your lovely comments, which really brighten my day!  Have a great one!  Hazel xx

19 comments:

  1. So elegant and striking is the first one and the second card has a modern graphic feel! Adore them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning card!! It's so elegant and beautiful!! I love the poinsettia!! It just pops against the black and white!! The second card is fabulous, too!! Love them both!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your poinsettia card - really classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! They are gorgeous! I love the colour bursts in both - very striking. I love that cover die too. I don't own any - guess they'll be on my list next! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE your muse card Hazel it's excellent.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are FABULOUS!! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your muse card. The colors are bold and it is a great spin off from the panda card. It has movement and is eye catching ~ Great job my friend! I like your other card too. The way you added a smidge of a red boarder to set it apart from the wording and black card base makes the wording shine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your cards are stunning Hazel and I love the pops of red:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend, this is another breathtaking card from you!!! Everything about it is just perfect and soooo beautiful!!! The poinsettia is fabulous and I love the stripes and dots on the black!!! WOW, and another great big WOW!!!!! Your second card is just as lovely!!! Wonderful cover plate and I love how you have done it in red and black!!!! The black and red strips at the top and bottom really completes your card perfectly!!! Two great cards, Hazel!!!
    Have a great afternoon!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous cads Hazel, love the colour combo too. Yes very sad about PP closing down, I went there and got a few items in the sale, will really miss that site boo hoo !! ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Hazel--these are both so elegant and strikingly beautiful. Black and white with a pop of red--a truly winning combination. Love them both so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE both of these! WOW!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fab - just shows you how versatile that simple colour combination is! Love the sparkle on the red poinsettia and the graphic-ness of the second card! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Hazel, and thanks for your very kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH I cannot tell you how much I love these, Hazel!!! You have perfectly captured gorgeous, and graphic! LOve the red, white, black combination!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two totally different cards but equally beautiful in their own way ! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Black, white, and red is such a fabulous color combo. I love how it looks on your first card. The black and white are so elegant and formal and the sparkly poinsettia makes such a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, Hazel, just stunning both of them! Your second is loads of fun and filled with my favorite thing: words! But your first really steals the show like a fabulous elegant ball gown! Awesome!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hazel, I love your gorgeous take on Ardyth's card! It's so fabulously elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ! I simply love your creations! Love how you picked on the colors and created these fab Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x