Monday 16 November 2015

Another Mixed Media Tag For Loll's Twelve Tags Of Christmas

Today I have another tag for Loll's   Twelve Tags Of Christmas Challenge

http://www.stampingwithloll.com/2015/11/day-eleven-twelve-tags-of-christmas.html

Which as you all know is on until the 15th November, so still time for you to join in the fun!  If fun isn't enough of an incentive - though I can't see why it wouldn't be? - Loll is also generously giving away prizes!

Winner - $40 gift certificate from STAMPlorations 
Top Three - $20 gift certificate each from STAMPlorations 
Random Draw - $20 gift certificate from Happy Little Stampers 
Random Draw - One Christmas stamp set from Dee's Artsy Impressions
 
This is my tag today:






This is how I achieved this look:

1. Blend various shades of green distress ink all over the tag

2. Stamp Poinsettia randomly over the tag in a pale olive colour

3. Stamped same Poinsettia in lower left corner in Silver pigment ink
 
4. Stamp 'music' small background stamp in black in top left corner
 
5. Apply sparkle gel through a snowflake stencil all over tag
 
6. Once all is dry, mount sentiment strip on to tag with foam tape
 
7. Top it with a bow (made from a scrap of ribbon that was laying around)
 
8. Finishing touch was a sparkly gem 'thingy'
 
Thank you all for all your very kind comments throughout this challenge, I appreciate every one of you!

Have a wonderful week!  Hazel xx

14 comments:

  1. Hazel your tag is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Hazel, you have made such a gorgeous tag I love, love the black touch with the bow.
    Wonderful make my dear. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hazel!! The colors are so pretty!! I love the music and all of the fabulous details!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Hazel, I love all your greens, stamped images, heat embossed poinsettia and black accents. Really Stunning tag design :-) TFS your design steps too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Hazel. Love the colour scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic design Hazel!! LOVE the pairing of the music with the Jingle bells sentiment. And your background is such gorgeous colours. The gem at the top is a perfectly, sparkly finishing touch. Thanks for sharing at my tag event. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving these tags - the green is beautiful and the music stamped onto it is such a nice touch. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its Beautiful..Specially the background !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love the color and the pop of black :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous background, my friend! Love how you've subtly stamped that poinsettia and the bit of sparkle! The black music and bow with the gem add extra sophistication! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Hazel...I love that music paired with black, so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, my friend - I'm two or three days behind in Blogvisits - my MIL wasn't well, but I'm hoping to get to everyone before it's bedtime tonight!!!
    And you have made another absolutely wonderful tag, Hazel!!!! You have a natural feel for doing these stunning mixed media tags!!!! I really like the colours you've used for the bg sponging and all the poinsettias are so beautiful!!!! Love the music and the sparkle gel!!! The black bow is so stunning - amazing how something just lying around can be just the perfect thing you need for your project, hey!!!! This is really so beautiful, Hazel - LOVE it, my friend!!!!
    Have a wonderful afternoon/evening!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, this is gorgeous. Such a beautiful background and that ribbon looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely and I'm pinning it for a future CASE (as long as you don't mind)! My sister plays the viola and I think she would appreciate a tag with a little music on it! You've done such a great job dipping your toes into mixed media. I think you're a natural!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x