Thursday 19 November 2015

Muse Challenge #142


Today, my card is for the Muse Challenge #142  and the Muse card was provided by the talented Anita Bowden of Neet & Crafty.

This is her fabulous card


I loved the aqua shade she used and the general layout.  Everything, from the sweet little tag, the hearts, the leaves to the lines she embossed as a border for her main focal point.  I loved it all!

This is my take on her card.







First, I cut the top panel a quarter of an inch smaller than my card base, then I cut a strip of patterned paper from my stash to go across the front of the card where Anita did that gorgeous stamping.  Once adhered,  I ran across the back with my bone folder to create the border lines.

Next, I made two little mini tags by just cutting them by hand - I don't have a tag die that small - then I stamped the greeting on the white tag and sponged the edges of both tags with the same ink as the sentiment.

Then I used some die-cut leaves from my stash to represent Anita's leaf stamping.  After that, I took my ink pad and went directly to paper for the matching hearts and used my Martha Stewart punch to punch them out.  I used foam pads for dimension and layered everything up - except the leaves, which were adhered flat.

Finally, I mounted the whole panel to my base card and added some WOS to the leaves and hearts.

Thank you for your visit today and for any comments, you are all very much appreciated! Have a great evening!  Hazel xx

22 comments:

  1. Love your take on the challenge, Hazel :) Very pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous - a beautiful take on the challenge. I adore the colour - and your hand cut tags are beautifully done - mine would be all squint! Must remember to vote this week! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the Muse! Love this color combo - it looks so light and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your card Hazel and such a gorgeous die cut those leaves.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Hazel. Great take on Anita's inspiration. Love the patterned paper and your pretty leafy die-cut. And that two-layered tag is adorable. Great pics too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggled once again with this weeks challenge but you have mananaged to recreate Anitas card but with your own twist beautifully !x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hazel!! I love your take on the inspiration card!! The colors and details are just fabulous!! It looks so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. You knocked it out of the park, Hazel! Your card is outstanding!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Hazel, love all of it right down to the wee little hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome inspired card -- love the soft green

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, my friend!!!!! I really like that leaves die and the cute little tags and hearts!!!! A lovely CAS card!!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you've used the DP in two different directions! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous take on the Muse card, Hazel! The sprig of foliage really stands out against that gorgeous patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful take on Anita's card. I love those little tags that you hand-cut (so impressed by that)!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for your kind comments, Hazel, so glad you liked my card. And I LOVE your interpretation. The die cut leaves look so pretty and clean against the aqua chevrons.
    Thanks for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A striking and elegant take on Anita's card Hazel, love the colour and those mini hearts are just beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola Hazel, thank you for your comment.
    Very elegant card, i like the leaves touch, fantastic card!
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful take on the MUSE card, Hazel! The die cut leaves are perfect and I love that scoring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous take on Anita's inspiration, Hazel! Beautiful hand cut tags and your hearts are so sweet, too! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful interpretation of Anita's card; I love how you incorporated printed paper and die cuts yet maintained the essence of Anita's muse card;

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your chevron panel, and the white leaves, gorgeous take for the MUSE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x