Thursday 5 November 2015

CASology Week 171: VEHICLE


Today's card is for CASology Week 171  and the challenge is: Vehicle

http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/week-171-vehicle.html

I wanted to think 'outside the box' on this one and try to think of a vehicle that doesn't normally come to mind when you think of that word.  I decided on this fun image with the little polar bear riding on his sledge, with daddy polar bear towing him.  It is a digi image and unfortunately couldn't find where I purchased it from - if anyone recognises it and can help me out, so that I can put the appropriate credit in I would be most grateful - I coloured it with watercolour pencils and added a pattern to the big polar bear's hat and scarf.

Next, I fussy cut the edge so I could put a pop of red underneath the layer.  I finished the card front with some embossing paste through a SSS 'Falling Snow' stencil and before the paste dried I sprinkled some clear glitter on it and left it to dry - I deliberately let it go over the image as well as I wanted to have it look like the bears were really out in the snow.

I computer generated the sentiment as - would you believe it - I didn't have the one I wanted out of 556 stamp sets!!  Here is my card.








Thank you so much for popping by and thank you in advance  for your comments!  Have a lovely evening!  Hazel xx

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, could not be cuter!! You are so creative to think of a sleigh for a vehicle!! Love it!! The image is adorable!! And I love the snow!! This is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this fun card -- such a great take on "vehicle" :) -- Those polar bears are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card Hazel and I love your computer generated sentiment.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just to creative...love your take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable take on the cue word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on the cue card and great thinking 'out of the box', my friend!!!! Those two adorable bears are really having fun in the snow!!! Love the falling snow and how you've given the bears some fun colour!!!! The red corner was such a great idea and the sentiment is so perfect!!! Such a cute card!!!!
    More than 500 stamp sets - my friend, that is unbelievable!!! Your new filing system must be such a pleasure to use when you've got that amount of sets!!!! It must be such a pleasure for you to plan and make a card, now!!!
    Have a great Friday, Hazel!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Hazel--this is the most perfect vehicle. I just love where you went with this cue word, and the textured snow is such a wonderful way to add interest and keep the card CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What winter fun! I love your polar bears sledding and skating. This is a super duper fun and cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel, this is adorable!! I love your little red peep corner, love that glittery, textured snow, and that digi image of your gorgeously coloured daddy bear and his little cub are too cute for words! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, Hazel! I love how the sparkly snow covers the whole card and the peek of red in the corner is awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute and clever!! AWESOME take on the challenge!!! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, I HOPE that you will join us this week too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outside the box vehicle is just adorable Hazel!!! LOve this!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute image and that little red corner is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card - love it. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x