Wednesday 25 November 2015

A Shaker Card For My Christmas Stash


I know that I have been a little remiss this week with my posting and I apologise, but I have been cataloguing my cling stamps, all the clear ones are up to date now, most of the dies are done and I have started on my cling stamps (mostly SU).

However, I bought a 'Simply Cards & Papercraft' magazine and it had a lovely stamp set and matching embossing folder that came with it and I felt that the snow-globe was crying out to be made into a shaker.

I stamped the snow-globe on to a panel of  card-stock to match my base card, cut a hole with a circle die, coloured the snow-globe base, stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set and spread some 'sparkle gel' through a SSS 'Falling Snow' stencil.

Meanwhile, whilst the sparkle gel was drying, (disappointingly, not very sparkly, it turns out) I made up my shaker.  I used some chunky iridescent glitter that I have by popping it into a small see-through bag and stuck that down behind the window with scotch tape.

Finally, I mounted the whole thing on to my base card with foam tape.  Here it is.









 

That's it for me today, my dear, crafty friends.  Thank you for your visit and if you left a little love, thank you, it's most appreciated and I will reciprocate!  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

16 comments:

  1. Love love love love LOVE! It's my favourite freebie of their for ages. I've made 3 snow globe shakers so far. I love how you've coloured in the base on yours and the Windows on the background scene. It's fabulous!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great Hazel. Love the shaker in the snow globe, wonderful card.
    Succes with cataloguing. I'm hold for the moment LOL
    Big hug Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shaker card Hazel. The snow globe looks wonderful with the little scene inside. A really lovely card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel, so sweet card. Such a great depth in this snowball. One of the most beautiful cards shaker I've ever seen.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very sweet, Hazel. I like the shaker sparkle :) Pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shaker cards and yours has so much holiday spirit! I love your trees on the base and the scene inside. You should check out Freshly Made Sketches. Your card would probably be a winner in their challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and as beautiful as can be. Love your wonderful scene you created in that fabulous shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the snow globe shaker!! It looks amazing!! The scene is so pretty and I love the outside snow!! Beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful shaker card. Your winter scene is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful winter wonderland, Hazel!!!! Love that cute scene inside the shaker and I love all the snow on the inside of the shaker and on the outside!!!! What a beautiful shaker card, my friend!!!
    Have a great day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a lovely shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a pretty card Hazel, I love the snowglobe! I am searching everywhere for a plastic snowglobe
    as the grandchildren will love them. All the ones I have seen are glass, .....beauitful
    but daren't risk glass with young ones being so curious yet lol. ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always loved snow globes but I've never attempted one on a card before. I love how this looks! You've created a beautiful winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for responding with such a lovely comment on my Blog. These shaker cards are simply gorgeous Hazel ! Judy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x