Friday 27 November 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #214 - A Sketch by Jen T





 Today's card is for the Freshly Made Sketches #214 challenge, which is a sketch by Jen T.  This is her great sketch.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/freshly-made-sketches-214-sketch-by-jen.html?

 This card was heavily influenced by a video that Tami White did on You Tube and I have gone slightly off the positioning of Jen's terrific sketch and I have used a bauble instead of a snowflake, but I think (hope) it's close enough.  Here is my card.




  
First, I cut the SU bauble out of white, gold foil and black glitter card-stock, then, I used the SU framelits to cut the Santa sleigh from the white card-stock, the houses out of the black glitter card-stock and then the Christmas sentiment out of gold foil card-stock with a Clearly Besotted die.

Next, I layered up the bauble pieces, attached some gold thread and used SSS 'Falling Snow' stencil to add some glitter via some Gold Sparkle Gel - love that stuff - on to a slightly smaller panel.

When all was dry, I adhered the bauble with some foam tape and the panel on to the base card, also with foam tape.

I just love all that sparkle and shine!  Thank you for your visit today and for any comments you leave, I really appreciate it!  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

15 comments:

  1. Your card is a beauty Hazel. The bauble is absolutely gorgeous and I love the gold glitter paste. Great work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is stunning, Hazel!! I love the beautiful ornament!! It looks amazing with the gold!! The gold glitter paste is fabulous, too!! This is so gorgeous!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with that gold foil Hazel. Beautiful design.
    Enjoy the weekend, hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so special! So beautifully composed scene! Santa Claus caught on the night ride. I sit, look, I admire and I can not get enough eye view of this great card.
    Hugs, Hazel
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Hazel, just gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly gorgeous scene you have created within that ornament. LOVE the golden snowflakes. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful.. I really love all the gold. I have that same exact stencil out on my desk, as I just used it, and wish I had that beautiful gold, as I just used white. Gold snow is a fantastic effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just full of wonderful sparkle and shine! I love the dimension you've created by using three different colors of cardstock for the ornament. And I've never heard of Gold Sparkle Gel but I suspect that I need it for my stash. Do tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning use of dies! Love the city scape within the ornament! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous Hazel and love all that gold, especially the glittery background. Stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love decorated ornament cards, Hazel :)
    Take care. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love your cards at the moment (well I always do, but at the moment I really love them!) because of all the white and gold and silver you're using. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Hazel! The dimension you've created on that ornament is gorgeous and I love the elegance of this whole card. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is really lovely, Hazel! That ornament is striking and oh so elegant! Gorgeous work. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful...just love all that fabulous gold and what a wonderful scene you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x