Saturday 14 November 2015

A New Challenge To Me & Guest Designing!

Today I have the great honour of being a guest designer over at the uber talented Loll Thompson's blog 'Stamping With Loll' for a challenge - mixed media tag challenge - that was new to me (and also a technique that was new to me too . . . doubly scary!)

Twelve Tags Of Christmas Challenge


http://www.stampingwithloll.com/2015/11/day-eleven-twelve-tags-of-christmas.html


Of course I was thrilled to be asked, but mixed media . . . gulp.  I told Loll that I would love to be a guest, but I wasn't even sure what constituted 'mixed media' . . . I needn't have worried because anyone who has had any dealings with Loll will know how sweet and generous and helpful she is.  She explained that I was probably making things that would already constitute 'mixed media' without even realising it!

So, I made a selection of tags to Loll's specification and sent her pictures and she told me that they all fitted and to choose my favourite.  As Loll has a liking for these colours, I chose this tag in honour of her.







 First, I made a Bokeh piece and die cut a stitched tag from it, then I stencilled stars with glitter gel all over it and whilst it was drying I die cut a few snowflakes and did the sentiments.

When all was dry, I adhered the snowflakes, putting enamel dots in the centres and popped the sentiment strips up on foam tape for dimension and finished it all off with some black, organza ribbon.

Why not join in the fun over at Loll's blog and show us your tags!

As if more incentive was needed, Loll is also generously offering prizes too!

Winner - $40 gift certificate from STAMPlorations 
Top Three - $20 gift certificate each from STAMPlorations 
Random Draw - $20 gift certificate from Happy Little Stampers 
Random Draw - One Christmas stamp set from Dee's Artsy Impressions

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Loll publicly for her faith in me, whenever I doubted myself and for being so sweet as to take a chance and give me my very first opportunity at being part of a DT . . . thank you, thank you, thank you Loll from the  bottom of my heart!

Thanks too to all of you, my lovely readers throughout this past year who have supported me and left me such sweet comments and words of encouragement!

Now, what are you waiting for . . . get tagging!  Hazel xx

29 comments:

  1. This tag is so beautiful Hazel!! I LOVE the colours (thanks for thinking of me!) ... and love all the beautiful elements. The bokeh background, glittery paste stars and dots, and your beautiful snowflakes all work so perfectly together. And I just LOVE the drama of the black accents --- AMAZING! Thank you so much for being my Guest Designer at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GD spot, Hazel. Your tag is wonderful - so detailed and the colours are gorgeous with the black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning!! The bokeh background looks amazing!! I love the colors and the details you added!! The sparkly stars are a perfect touch!! Love this my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, fellow Guest Designer over at Loll's Twelve Tags event - lovely to share guest designing with you today! I love your tag and I think you were brilliant to make a tag in Loll's favourite colours! It turned out beautifully - love the bokeh background, the embossed stars, and the gorgeous glittery snowflakes. Your sentiment looks fabulous done on black like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Hazel, this tag is stunning! I agree, Loll is the sweetest and most kind person and will do anything to help out. I also agree that you have been doing mixed media and didn't even know it. lol Your Bokeh turned out so beautiful!! And I love your color choices, the stenciling and those beautiful snowflakes. Your sentiments popped up are perfect for this tag. Congrats on being a great guest designer!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB, just loving the use of bokeh and your chosen colours too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Hazel ! I love those soft colors and the way you did the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I had the same reaction, Hazel. Loll is wonderful to encourage and set our minds at ease! Love the bokeh background and the white on black sentiments! A fine example of mixed media, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful tag and what a nice honor to be guest designer for Loll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your GT spot! Absolutely love your tag! The colors (yummm) and the glittery stars make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your first GD, Hazel! It is long overdue and well-deserved! Loll knows talent when she sees it and, boy, you really NAILED mixed media with this gorgeous snowy tag!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great tag! I love the soft glow snowflakes and unique background bokeh. These colors are beautifully matched. Hazel, long'm your follower and you believe your cards are great. How are you such a disbelief in their abilities ??? You make really beautiful things!
    Have a good Sunday, too.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel!!!! Lol truly does know what she's doing, every time! Well done YOU! This tag, and you first attempt at mixed media is absolutely stunning! LOve the colors, the sparkle, and black ribbon to coordinate with the label sentiments! Gorgeous, Hazel!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous ...... I love the colours and the softness to the background is beautiful. Love those sparkly stars too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love the stark black against with pastel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly a beautiful tag.
    I'm so glad our paths crossed. Thanks for visiting me for Friday Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your GD ! So well deserved for sure! You did great with mixed media ,this is one beautiful tag,love the shinny stars, pinks and yellows! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is stunning. Nice job nailing your first attempt at mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWSERS! and how clever of you to choose Miss L's favorite color combo. The bokeh, stars & flakes look great superimposed over that lighthearted non-traditional background, and the way you did the sentiment looks fab, with the dark. I'd say you aced the mixed media technique to create a really brilliant tag. TFS &Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hazel, this is beautiful. I love the soft non traditional Christmas colors. The stars and snowflakes glisten. I love the black sentiments against the background! FANTASTIC job...You are a mixed media master too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mixed Media also makes me gulp!!! I'm posting my design for Loll's challenge tomorrow!
    What a beautiful tag, Hazel. Such soothing colours :)
    Have a good week. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning Hazel. I love the beautiful colours you've used and some gorgeous sparkly stars. I really like the black and white sentiment too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. My friend, your tag is simply STUNNING!!!! The colours are wonderful and I love your beautiful bokeh bg!! The little stars, the snowflakes, the way you've done the sentiment, the organza ribbon, the enamel dots - everything is just perfectly put together!!! What a beautiful tag!!!!!
    Congrats on the GD spot - you did a great job!!!!
    Have a wonderful evening and a lovely Tuesday!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG Hazel, I Love your choice of Loll's favorite colors for your Bokeh background. All your stamped and die cut snowflakes are so pretty. I loved how you mounted black background sentiment s and black ribbon as your final touch. Wow..all so perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful soft colors and glitter on your background - the bold sentiments really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply gorgeous, Hazel! I love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're really doing a great job with mixed media! This tag is pretty fantastic! I love the bokeh background, the colors, and the especially the sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely beautiful Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful soft colours, and I love all the glitter and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x